Posted by Lee
Hereford Rowing Club
Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hi Lee. I am truly sorry but I've got a bit of a drama going on at home and won't be coming to the meet. Basically my very own personal flood in my lovely new kitchen 😭 Washing machine had apparently sprung a leak and before I noticed, it's flooded all under my new floor tiles. I'm using an oscillating fan heater and a dehumidifier to dry things out. I was thinking of trying to organising a back-up team to switch things on and off every day if I went away but it's a worry - especially with the heater, which I need to move around regularly to try to get under all the cupboards and avoid 'hot spots'. The weather really is the final nail in the coffin but I wasn't happy about going away as it was. I'm so sorry to let you down. Just hoping my drama doesn't turn into a crisis... ie the cost of a new floor - again!
Hope things get sorted. Water whilst an essential for life is a right pain in the proverbial when it's where its not meant to be! You look after yourself; stress not good

So looks like could be the driest place in town!!

Given the unfortunate cancellations, I am going to guess I will be ok to actually ADD ON an extra day and arrive tomorrow rather than Sunday?

Also going to ask a wee favour ... with the weather as it is, Solar has been worse than next to useless for most of the time and I'll have been off grid for 7 of the last 8 days and could do with a bit of a topup of electric .... would it be possible to plug into EHU for a couple of hours when I arrive?

Given the unfortunate cancellations, I am going to guess I will be ok to actually ADD ON an extra day and arrive tomorrow rather than Sunday?

Also going to ask a wee favour ... with the weather as it is, Solar has been worse than next to useless for most of the time and I'll have been off grid for 7 of the last 8 days and could do with a bit of a topup of electric .... would it be possible to plug into EHU for a couple of hours when I arrive?
Please see private message

Probably just as well I didn't come. This is few from either side of bridge, up and down stream. On a warning but still gently anxious rather than really worried although it is the highest it's been since 2007.

20231020_162852.jpg20231020_162401.jpg

Oh dear :( There was a flooded section of Dual Carriageway on the way from NEC to Lichfield and a few cars turned around. Too narrow for me to do that and I watched a couple of cars going through so did the same at a steady speed (there were some broken ones on the other side so slightly nervous times!).

I might be able to help a little bit, but I need to see how tomorrow goes I guess.

W

Quick question on Internet/Speeds ...
What networks are people using? I have Sky Mobile (O2) and it is pretty poor up here in Lichfield and down in Berkshire. However, it is a lot better than Smarty Mobile (THREE) which is just rubbish here. I don't know if it is the network itself or overloaded, but unusable.
Anyone using THREE (preferably) or O2 at Hereford with reasonable success?

I have just watched a movie on sky go on a 3 network no issues and no buffering I also have a good signal on my Tesco which I believe is 02
Thanks.
Without the internet, we are limited to what is called in Scotland "council TV" :)

Ref weather, I uploaded this video last night (took around 50 minutes on Sky/O2) showing one section of road on the way to Lichfield.
The first 90 seconds are relevant.

I wonder what had occured when I saw oncoming traffic on MY side of the dual carriageway section (thinking accident on other side?) but it became fairly clear very soon....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back