Only a dog?

😭 Really sorry to hear about Reg leaving us Caz. But he was one lucky dog to go all over the country with you. Its a really sad time for you but he is at peace and is resting happily now. Rocco also sends his condolences and has lent him a bone until they meet again.
.... Tom ....

P5051184.JPG

Makes every dog owner well up reading this. So sorry for your loss. They enrich our lives so much. We lost one of our two last year. He had his last holiday in Scotland for a month , we chose places as close to beaches as possible as he couldnt walk so far but loved the sea. He almost made it to the end of the holiday: we had to go back three days early to take him to the vet when he couldnt get up any more. His ashes will be going back up to the beaches where we had our last special times with him.

So sorry for your loss, Caz. We still miss Chloe every day and it is over a year. You don't realise how everything we do gets tied up with their needs as well as ours. She is still in our avatar just peeking out of the door where we like to remember her. Haven't got rid of her van cushion yet, and got poo bags to last as many years as the memories. Never "only a dog" Big hugs.

So sorry for your loss :(

I have just taken on an elderly (11) greyhound who had been discovered living in a farmyard. She is emaciated, has mammary tumours, terrible teeth, badly healed injuries and corns. People said I was mad because she will, obviously, not be around for long. Teeth and corns are now sorted and she is on all the blessed pain relief that she needs. The joy of seeing her run along the nearby bridle path and join in the odd game with our spaniel tells me that what we will go through when losing her will be worth it.

So sorry to hear this. We still miss ours. The last one left us 7 years ago.

Attachments

• Dog I will walk with you forever.png
    Dog I will walk with you forever.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
We still miss ALL of our past lot.... The big lurcher lads (Barley, and Ash... Bluedog Whippet, Bonny my first Border collie (free to good home in loot free ads paper... Turned out she had been found in a local park by the girlfriend of a mate I hadn't seen for years that lived in the house I was born in)
Jess dog the ball mental border collie that was due to be put to sleep when I got her....
Even Spud the terrier that had a nasty habit of doing unmentional things in folks shoes....
ALL rescue dogs BTW... No fancy breeds and or pedigrees here....
Not when there are so many dogs needing homes.
They have all left massive holes and broken hearts... I just try to rationalise things pain wise by remembering the good times and the fact that we have given them sofa/bed space and beaches to run on as much as possible along with warmth food and cuddles when they wanted them.

I've always found that the loss is easier when there are others still around to, snuggle up to an shed a tear or two into a warm furry neck.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back