PUY DU FOU.

Wully

PUY DU FOU Anyone been here just arrived didn’t know about this place until a few people recommended to visit it especially with children. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I’m sure it was Ken (Rugbyken) told me about this place a while back.

We were there Wully a good few years ago, you can spend a whole day there easily. If I remember correctly take your phone and pods with you as the plays and reenactment are done in French but they replay in your chosen language through your ear piece jockaneese is not on the list of languages though.

If you go to the evening show take something to sit on and keep you warm. It gets cold on the concrete stand. I went many years ago and went again a couple of years ago. SWMBO found it rather boring. It's all about French History.

Cheers Sam we headed there today for a couple of days. They have the biggest motorhome parking place I’ve ever seen room for hundreds of vans with great new services and EHU €13 a night. Still not booked anything for trip home yet. Send us your unspent euretts were running low.😁

Had a bonus this afternoon, Liam forgot about the fresh keg in the workshop fridge HOPPY DAZE!

Cheers Sam we headed there today for a couple of days. They have the biggest motorhome parking place I’ve ever seen room for hundreds of vans with great new services and EHU €13 a night. Still not booked anything for trip home yet. Send us your unspent euretts were running low.😁
No mun no fun son!
Too bad so sad Dad!

Last edited:
No mun no fun son!
Too ban so sad Dad!
From The Beano, Dennis the Menace [roughly 55 years ago![ after Dad had docked the Pocket Money

IIRC, it went:

Dear Dad
No Money
It's Not Funny
Signed Your Sonny

And Dad's reply:

Dear Lad
So sad
Too bad
Signed Your Dad

I think I need to get out more ... :rolleyes: (y)

Steve

I can't remember where we were staying but it was a day trip in the car before motorhome days, now driving around I'm always taking note for future reference of where I can get pitched up. I'm sure the Dwarf at St Jean de monts was on about Puy Du Fou. 😂

Funny you say that there was a wee wumin on the site we were on yesterday. She had a kinda straw hat on and a spotted dress wae leggings on I swear she looked like the scarecrow from wizard of Oz from the back she even had a wee scraggy dug.Christine said wonder where Dorothy is I said she’s probably driving and she was the daughter then we spotted her man and he looked like the lion wae a big booshy heed.I was nearly sick with laughter. Every time I seen the wee dug I shouted toto and it came over.😂

PUY DU FOU Anyone been here just arrived didn’t know about this place until a few people recommended to visit it especially with children. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Our hovel in Cheffois 85390 France is less than 40km from Puy du Fou, Wully, so almost on the doorstep. Yet we have never visited! How sad is that? The church is about 120 metres from our wee house [so we have to be careful with alterations to reduce the planning formalities!] Just follow the road to the left of the church, until you reach the jungle [haven't visited since Feb 2020, so Lord knows what we'll find, or have lost ...]

Steve85CHEFFOIS_eglise_1002.jpg

Funny you say that there was a wee wumin on the site we were on yesterday. She had a kinda straw hat on and a spotted dress wae leggings on I swear she looked like the scarecrow from wizard of Oz from the back she even had a wee scraggy dug.Christine said wonder where Dorothy is I said she’s probably driving and she was the daughter then we spotted her man and he looked like the lion wae a big booshy heed.I was nearly sick with laughter. Every time I seen the wee dug I shouted toto and it came over.😂
Are you developing the DT's big man? Or has Trevor dropped off a bale?https://news.sky.com/story/groups-o...les-of-suspected-cocaine-wash-ashore-12925342

Hi Wully, it is fantastic you must go and see the dance of the birds, I would pay to just see that one show! Another must see is the organs of fire finale at the lake near the entrance, it is amazing, you should get to the lakeside early to get a good spot to see it. one day isn’t enough to see everything!
Another one is the vikings that is good, you can watch that one, them head for the dance of the birds, they are quite close together.
I was disappointed with the roman amphitheatre, the lions never ate anybody

You should see the sky light up anytime noo, thats the organs of fire, take some bottles of water with you. The food inside isnae too bad, they don’t rip you off as much as in the UK

It's best to take 2 days, if you can.. There was a healthy discount when we went 5 years ago.
You can choose and space out your choices of spectaculars.

MH. friendly and easy to to get to

The day started with a microlight flying around with geese in a V formation and we were flabbergasted by how spectacular the bigger showpieces were.

Meanwhile....
In UK...
There is a similar, associated, spin off at Durham, each summer.. Kinren..
Brilliantly organised. Book online.

Afterwards, visit Shilden. Or use it as a base, if coming from afar.

The Railway museum is a big attraction and we found The Flying Scotsman, in steam and resting.
They advised us to overnight in their overflow carpark, up the hill, by the village centre.( As we might trip the security system, after lock up ).
There is the world's best greasy spoon cafe nearby. A must-go.
At night a corned beef plate pie and the most magnificent breakfast ever fried, next morning.
They made us very welcome.

Wully, I got oot the Jubilee pretty quick, slick place that is, I was well impressed, again. Told Bea head up that hill so I could hit you grass with my battery power strimmer. Job done, this woman appeared to thank me for cutting her grass, and her merkin which fell off, when returning home.
Anyways, was the wrong hoose, them feckin drops GJ stuck in my eyes, made seeing, just a blur 👁️👁️😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back