Ring RSCDC30 not sensing solar

Another issue now with the controller so seems to make sense to post here. The controller isnt showing any amps coming in. Even today when it's quite sunny.

As I cycle through menu:
13.6v (battery)
0.0A (charging current)
21.1v (solar in)
0.0A (solar current)

Any suggestions on what could cause this?

Target voltage of the battery is 14.6v I believe with how it's set.

Just looked again and to add to this the battery does seem to be charging somehow. It's now showing 13.9v
When I leave the menu on charging amps it changes constantly every second or less 0.0, 0.2 0.5, 0.7, sometimes as high as 1.4.
Solar voltage is constant
Solar amps change too. 0.1, 0.3, 0.7

Is this just trickle charging? I would have thought the battery charge amps would show as low if so but the solar amps would be constant/higher?

Turned on the inverter and now showing around 2.0a battery and 1.8a solar.

So I guess it is float charging although it doesnt show float on the display (or bulk)

The charge indicator is just showing 1 bar on and off

Help
I have a Ring DC30 and it's nit good with solar. I am kot near the van but most time I look at it in low sun ie winter it show eo error my mate has a eperver and it's getting solar even in bad weather. What's up with it.

For Phil the Administrator. Further to your trail with Londonboii, I have similar symptoms/ problems to Londonboii in that my RingDC30 permanently displays the EO Error message. I understand why that might be the case when vehicle battery voltage is not great enough when engine not running. So I followed your suggestion to connect engine battery to PV terminals to see if the unit then worked as voltage settings lower for PV than DC input. However, when I connect engine battery to PV terminals the unit fails to do anything, no EO error message, nothing. I therefore assume there is a problem with the unit and it needs to go back for repair. Is this likely the case or is there anything else I can try first? Thank you

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back