Shelves or Hanging Rail?

What do you prefer to find in a Wardrobe (have to choose just one!)

• Hanging Rail

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Shelves

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wildebus

Looking around Motorhomes at the NEC and generally, where there is a Wardrobe for your clothes, you get a hanging rail and also shelves in the wardrobe as an alternative.
I get the impression that for most people, a hanging rail in a Motorhome Wardrobe is as welcome as a Microwave and shelves are far more useful? For me, I find a Microwave very handy and in the same way much prefer a hanging rail over using shelves. But am I in the minority?

Looking around Motorhomes at the NEC and generally, where there is a Wardrobe for your clothes, you get a hanging rail and also shelves in the wardrobe as an alternative.
I get the impression that for most people, a hanging rail in a Motorhome Wardrobe is as welcome as a Microwave and shelves are far more useful? For me, I find a Microwave very handy and in the same way much prefer a hanging rail over using shelves. But am I in the minority?
Shelves are for boxes of tools and related kit; the rail is for hanging a fleece and a long sleeved shirt. The shorts, T Shirts etc get rammed down the side of the plastic boxes on the Shelves to restrict movement when travelling ... :ROFLMAO:. Any other space is for Elaine's use and her clothes ... (y)

Steve

Wardrobes with both generous hanging space and shelves (so not casting a vote).
When you look at most motorhomes on sale, that is not a common situation sadly.

No wardrobe in my van, but 2 big underseat spaces which will hold a sealed plastic box with our rags, also some top units which are empty.
Spair rain coats go on backs of seats, and we have seat hanging things for umberdoodles and one peace pull over macs.

Wardrobes with both generous hanging space and shelves (so not casting a vote).

Ditto.

Except in our old van we only have a hanging rail in the “wardrobe” and no shelf/shelves 😕

I got round the problem by purchasing a hanging “handbag storage” gizmo (sic!) from Ikea which creates a sort of “soft” shelving from the hanging rail and still leaves room to hang the “important” gear that needs it. Sorted! 👍👌🙂

we hang all clothes in wardrobe except shreddies 🩲and socks🧦

Ditto. Well, most clothes except those there’s no room left for! 😂

My underwear & socks have half a shelf of their own in one of the cupboards over the cab.

I have a 3ft shelve above the hanging rail and three 1ft shelves down the side of the rail .So i think i have it covered lololol

Both for me, Rails are okay for me frocks but me knickers need to be on a shelf, we got no drawers.

Anyone got a cure for stuff sliding on the wardrobe rail?

We used to have a rail but changed to shelves when we went full time as sadly there just wasn't enough space on the rail for all our t shirts, shirts trouser, jeans etc. We do hang some "best" things on the rail in the shower after Diane has ironed them ready for a night out 🤔

Regards,
Del

I voted for shelves but I have both in my van. One door gives floor to ceiling shelves which I use for clothes, door next to it gives a floor to ceiling hanging space with a removable shelf about half way up. Bottom I put stuff not used so often and top shelf hold two djembe drums :)

I voted for shelves but I have both in my van. One door gives floor to ceiling shelves which I use for clothes, door next to it gives a floor to ceiling hanging space with a removable shelf about half way up. Bottom I put stuff not used so often and top shelf hold two djembe drums :)
Obvious place for djembe drums. If I knew what they were, that’s where I’d put mine.
Meanwhile I have a wardrobe. Used to hang the, far too many trousers and jackets I carry. Every thing else gets placed carefully in the overhead lockers. By carefully, I mean scrunched up into the smallest size possible, and carefully stuffed in. My way of thinking is, if you aren’t going to iron it, another few wrinkles won’t hurt.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back