Shelves or Hanging Rail?

What do you prefer to find in a Wardrobe (have to choose just one!)

• Hanging Rail

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Shelves

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obvious place for djembe drums. If I knew what they were, that’s where I’d put mine.
Meanwhile I have a wardrobe. Used to hang the, far too many trousers and jackets I carry. Every thing else gets placed carefully in the overhead lockers. By carefully, I mean scrunched up into the smallest size possible, and carefully stuffed in. My way of thinking is, if you aren’t going to iron it, another few wrinkles won’t hurt.
This is my small djembe lol

Edit, am currently in the car park below where we went when I got snowed in 👍

IMG_0649.jpeg

I thought it was a small stool. I mean like a small seat, not something you flush 😳
I have a small stool is it on when playing it outside but it has 3 legs and you don’t flush that either. You would need a medium stool to rech my bigger djembe lol

Don't hang much in th van. Have hooks on the rear doors where we have hangers for coats and any "best" clothes. Curtains cover them so not visible from inside the van. I have rest of clothes in crates on shelves,find that rolling everything neatly stops creases and reduces space. No musical gear to house unfortunately...

Obvious place for djembe drums. If I knew what they were, that’s where I’d put mine.
Meanwhile I have a wardrobe. Used to hang the, far too many trousers and jackets I carry. Every thing else gets placed carefully in the overhead lockers. By carefully, I mean scrunched up into the smallest size possible, and carefully stuffed in. My way of thinking is, if you aren’t going to iron it, another few wrinkles won’t hurt.
Instead of scrunching try rolling your clothes up. You can pack them tightly and as long as they are folded well you don’t get the haphazard creases.

Instead of scrunching try rolling your clothes up. You can pack them tightly and as long as they are folded well you don’t get the haphazard creases.
My days of worrying about my sartorial elegance are long gone.
To quote a song, “ I stumbled to my closet and put on my cleanest shirt “.
Ah, life in Demi. Great times.

To quote a song, “ I stumbled to my closet and put on my cleanest shirt “.

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one for desert.

Same song I think?

Anyway, I was going to say roll stuff as well. Good for creases and better use of space.

But you don't care 🤣

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one for desert.

Same song I think?

Anyway, I was going to say roll stuff as well. Good for creases and better use of space.

But you don't care 🤣
Very true,Steve.
Yup, same song. Pure class.

Both for me, Rails are okay for me frocks but me knickers need to be on a shelf, we got no drawers.

Anyone got a cure for stuff sliding on the wardrobe rail?
You could try wrapping an elastic band around the hooks on the coathangars.

One of the first jobs in new van was to put shelves in wardrobe. We can take a lot more stuff than using hangers

One of the first jobs in new van was to put shelves in wardrobe. We can take a lot more stuff than using hangers
I did similar.
Then I removed them as found the rail better :)

I also use these to keep clothes, bedding, towels, etc in as well at the bottom of the wardrobe - https://amzn.to/3FG9laI
A1XdxKQ4AeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Keeps stuff together and sorted and quick and easy to move things in and out the motorhome.

Both for me, Rails are okay for me frocks but me knickers need to be on a shelf, we got no drawers.

Anyone got a cure for stuff sliding on the wardrobe rail?
Mrs T came up with a brilliant idea years ago ref ” stuff sliding on the wardrobe rail”
Copper water pipe grey foam insulation tube, get from B&Q or the like, they come in meter long sections, cut to correct length and as they are slit along the top they slide over rail.
Been on our MH for ages, when hanger hooked over nothing at all slides.
10/10 Mrs T.

Mrs T came up with a brilliant idea years ago ref ” stuff sliding on the wardrobe rail”
Copper water pipe grey foam insulation tube, get from B&Q or the like, they come in meter long sections, cut to correct length and as they are slit along the top they slide over rail.
Been on our MH for ages, when hanger hooked over nothing at all slides.
10/10 Mrs T.

Not a good idea for mine, as there is a strip light incorporated into the rail. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back