Shurflo pump running on

Yes, I went into an Aldi for a adjustable spanner for the nut, I think it's just under tension from the upward pressure of the blue pipe, but all they had was a tennon saw and a box of mixed screws.

Regarding moving the pump, I'm going to struggle to get a new fixing as it wont move very much I dont think.

Brain worked up, I have an old adjustable in the gas locker so I may have a go in the morning if we dont get snowed in.

Had a go but the thread is damaged, so I need a pump I think, we're here heading north shortly towards Lourds, any ideas where I might get one?

See pic for pump model info.

Screenshot_20240517-090151_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
My go to dealer store in France is Narbonne Accessories, their nearest branch to you is Pau. Can you not bodge the thread with some PTFE tape?
IMG_0102.png

A word of caution, some of the larger Narbonne outlets display items you never knew you needed ...................😱😱

A word of caution, some of the larger Narbonne outlets display items you never knew you needed ...................😱😱
Pretty much no hits for your pump model on .fr websites; certainly not for sale. Has that model been discontinued?
Amazon.fr do have some Shurflo pumps (possibility of delivery to an Amazon locker), but they look somewhat different, so quite likely not a straight swop in terms of fixing holes and perhaps distance between pipe connections.

I found a big moho dealer in Parmiers just off the N20, not convinced yet that the pump (€169) is toast yet so I bought one of those grey nuts €17, then went to Mr Bricolage for a pack of seals and a pair of water pump pliers €14 as my adjustable spanner just slips on the plastic nut.

Narbonne stock this one but its way more expensive than a UK supplier.
IMG_0104.png

Another thought if it is a get me home solution .........

Which thread is knackered, the male on the pump or connecting female joint, if its the female connector that would be easier to source in France?
If you can't tell which, then is there any movement in the supply pipe with the nut loosened that would allow the tension and mis-alignment to be improved?
If PTFE tape doesn't help then the nuclear solution is to use a dollop of solvent weld right around the pump thread, it will seal it but you have to be very quick as it sets in second or so.

I'll top up the water then try my fix first .

Went through Narbonne a few days ago, liked it there, headed up the middle now avoiding Toulouse.

We pulled onto this aire, liz decides to wash her hair, and the pump "appears" to have mended itself, turn tap on and it pumps the water out and stops just as it should, so I'm not touching it unless it misbehave again.

We pulled onto this aire, liz decides to wash her hair, and the pump "appears" to have mended itself, turn tap on and it pumps the water out and stops just as it should, so I'm not touching it unless it misbehave again.
Well done, don’t even breath on it 🤣

Too late, it's at it again, I'll swap the grey nuto tomorrow and see if it cures it, the pump tread did look okay from what I could see.

Back