Tow car and trailer WANTED

Roger ,was that info the son in law gave me correct? Just out of interest
Yes it was Gordon, thank him very much for me please.
Poppy went straight through the MOT, and believe me he really did give her a thorough check, the only thing was the headlight bulbs were incorrectly seated, and had to be reseated by the Inspector. Because of that, he failed her and then passed her straight away. Life is good!

Of course it is Derek. Never argue with Matron!
In my defence, I was reading your thread at work, in bad light, off of my phone. Didn’t see the link at first. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

In my defence, I was reading your thread at work, in bad light, off of my phone. Didn’t see the link at first. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Don’t panic Derek, we will stop talking about behind your back quite soon now! ??
Thanks for all your input. Everyone has been so helpful.

Worth bearing in mind that the Guardia Civil in Spain may fine you for towing an A frame car, no problem with trailers though.
Can't reverse an A frame.

Worth bearing in mind that the Guardia Civil in Spain may fine you for towing an A frame car, no problem with trailers though.
Can't reverse an A frame.
Thanks for that. We are aware of the situation in Spain and I believe France has recently taken the same stance.
We have bought a trailer and a Peugeot 107 and it will be the first time we have towed behind the Motorhome so we are slightly pensive about what sort of situation will catch us out!
Have a look at Post #36

I hope you have a great holiday and I'm sure you will soon get the hang of towing.

I hope you have a great holiday and I'm sure you will soon get the hang of towing.
Thanks Mark, I don’t think the actual towing will phase me too much, or even the reversing, I managed forty years tramping on artics.
The thing that worries me slightly is finding somewhere safe enough to leave the Motorhome and trailer, while we go off gallivanting in the car. It seems so obvious that when the car is missing from the trailer, there is a pretty good chance that opportunists could realise that we are not there.

Thanks Mark, I don’t think the actual towing will phase me too much, or even the reversing, I managed forty years tramping on artics.
The thing that worries me slightly is finding somewhere safe enough to leave the Motorhome and trailer, while we go off gallivanting in the car. It seems so obvious that when the car is missing from the trailer, there is a pretty good chance that opportunists could realise that we are not there.
Make sure the trailer is locked onto the van,get a cheap battery radio,close some blinds and leave the radio on a programme with talking ,we’ve done that b4

Closing blinds half way, with fly screen filing the gap, and cab radio set to a talk channel on lowish volume is exactly what we've done when in Europe and places remote.

Don't know how effective it, but it makes us happier for doing something proactive.

Closing blinds half way, with fly screen filing the gap, and cab radio set to a talk channel on lowish volume is exactly what we've done when in Europe and places remote.

Don't know how effective it, but it makes us happier for doing something proactive.

I h
We are having a tow bar fitted, in a couple of weeks time.
If anyone knows of a suitable tow car and/or trailer for sale, could you please let me know. Many thanks. Rog.
I have a Honda Beat Kei car 660cc little sports car with tow bar to tow car A frame it’s in Lincoln. Great fun very light can’t send picture but look them up on internet cheers Richard

I have a Honda Beat Kei car 660cc little sports car with tow bar to tow car A frame it’s in Lincoln. Great fun very light can’t send picture but look them up on internet cheers Richard
if I get a "TOED" I think it would have to be one of these! check out the seat trim! ?
s-l1600.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :D

Had a bit of a test run this afternoon, and also took the whole rig to work, to weigh each and all the axles.
Felt that the rear air suspension was too high, and let some out after these photos were taken.
The van looks to sit right Rog before you let the air out, but the tow ball looks high so letting air out seems the right idea but another option is a tow ball drop plate as long as your towball is the normal two bolt type
If it is a swan neck then forget what I said

Last edited:
The van looks to sit right Rog before you let the air out, but the tow ball looks high so letting air out seems the right idea but another option is a tow ball drop plate as long as your towball is the normal two bolt type
View attachment 48984
If it is a swan neck then forget what I said

Will give one a try Tel, I have a standard two bolt connection. Thanks a lot!

Good idea re drop plate as trailer nose up , not the best ideally , just be careful with drop plate fitted if going onto ferry or other ramps , Luckily you have ability to pump air suspension up if needed for clearance. Have you checked trailer for nose weight ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back