Tracker

A tracker can be blocked, but not as easily as suggested.
And yes, there are signal blockers that will block GSM signal as well, but they're expensive and they draw the attention of the authorities.

Beg to differ with this one!!!
We have recently come back from a visit to Caravan Guard in Hull to discuss products that knocked out 6 tracking devices bought from Amazon and eBay and factory fit tracking systems fitted to Z group of motorcaravans, which the devices not only jammed the GPS and GSM signals, but locates it and at the same time of demonstrating the product, also took out their local Wi-Fi causing a ruckus in their offices. Most bought individually for under £50.00, with only one of them costing £100.00 but in the grand scheme of things, paying out a bit towards bypass equipment compared to gaining a van, the pro's will try anything, including the by-pass equipment to re-write the factory immobilisation software (circa 900 euros).

These are just some examples of devices we have bought to test against equipment that is available and also to see how ours reacts to such devices.
I'm pleased to say our Non-Starter immobilisation/location unit not only sent through a "jamming attempt" warning to the customer's phone, but the sirens of the alarm are also triggered at the same time.
You also relying on a single network sim and not a multi-network roaming sim, therefore dependant on that sim being as reliable as it can be, rather than latching on to any network in the area.

Can you change the address of the tracking server with the Trackstar 915, or do you have to use the one they provide?

Beg to differ with this one!!!
We have recently come back from a visit to Caravan Guard in Hull to discuss products that knocked out 6 tracking devices bought from Amazon and eBay and factory fit tracking systems fitted to Z group of motorcaravans, which the devices not only jammed the GPS and GSM signals, but locates it and at the same time of demonstrating the product, also took out their local Wi-Fi causing a ruckus in their offices. Most bought individually for under £50.00, with only one of them costing £100.00 but in the grand scheme of things, paying out a bit towards bypass equipment compared to gaining a van, the pro's will try anything, including the by-pass equipment to re-write the factory immobilisation software (circa 900 euros).

These are just some examples of devices we have bought to test against equipment that is available and also to see how ours reacts to such devices.
I'm pleased to say our Non-Starter immobilisation/location unit not only sent through a "jamming attempt" warning to the customer's phone, but the sirens of the alarm are also triggered at the same time.
You also relying on a single network sim and not a multi-network roaming sim, therefore dependant on that sim being as reliable as it can be, rather than latching on to any network in the area.
Yes, the jammers that work are very conspicuous, which is why thieves tend not to use them. They are available for under a tenner, but would be very easy to build yourself: they're just RF noise generators.
I know of several vehicles (not motorhomes, I admit: not that many are stolen) that have been recovered because of trackers. Thieves routinely park up stolen vehicles for a few days to see if there is a tracker. That suggests to me that you are not entirely correct.
Most trackers can be set to send out an alert if the GPS signal is jammed. I'm not sure what good also triggering the alarm would do: nobody takes any notice of car alarms nowadays.
As for relying on a single network sim, that's piffle. You can use them if you want, in the cheapest of trackers. I have some multi-network sims, but stopped using them because Asdamobile works just fine.
Of course there are thieves who can bypass anything, but most thieves are not like that at all. They're opportunists out to make a quick buck.
I know you are keen to sell your own products, but...

Can you change the address of the tracking server with the Trackstar 915, or do you have to use the one they provide?

Not tecky enough to answer but 915 is same as,905 with a bigger battery . only server is the simm card you use . I think? ????

Friend of mine owns and lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere, Over the years he’s had numerous vehicles stolen or just vandalised because they couldn’t be started.
He eventually asked the Police for advice, and they suggested the “Cheap” trackers mentioned by Mobilvetta.
The police recommended fitting two to each vehicle, as the average thief will usually look in the obvious places to try and find one, obviously being quite pleased with themselves if they do find one.
This would then obviously leave the other to work.
He has since had his Quad stolen, it was chained to the barn floor, had an immobiliser fitted and in a locked barn with CCTV around the farm.
They were filmed cutting the locks off the barn, cutting the chain to the Quad and then pushed it away,
His phone notified him the Quad was on the move and Police informed, quad was recovered 20 minutes later in the back of a big van at the services on the A1, and sure enough, one of the trackers had been found and disabled, but the other one worked.
I think he paid about £25 each for the trackers.
As mentioned by other members, they can be blocked by professional determined thieves, but for that money it has to be worth trying,
and as mentioned above, a good physical, visible deterrent is a must too.
We have just put the deposit on a new motorhome,,,,new to us,,,, and are in the process of planning what to do security wise, but I think the two tracker idea is a go for us,,,,,,,,,,and await some better ideas from you guys out there.

Friend of mine owns and lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere, Over the years he’s had numerous vehicles stolen or just vandalised because they couldn’t be started.
He eventually asked the Police for advice, and they suggested the “Cheap” trackers mentioned by Mobilvetta.
The police recommended fitting two to each vehicle, as the average thief will usually look in the obvious places to try and find one, obviously being quite pleased with themselves if they do find one.
This would then obviously leave the other to work.
He has since had his Quad stolen, it was chained to the barn floor, had an immobiliser fitted and in a locked barn with CCTV around the farm.
They were filmed cutting the locks off the barn, cutting the chain to the Quad and then pushed it away,
His phone notified him the Quad was on the move and Police informed, quad was recovered 20 minutes later in the back of a big van at the services on the A1, and sure enough, one of the trackers had been found and disabled, but the other one worked.
I think he paid about £25 each for the trackers.
As mentioned by other members, they can be blocked by professional determined thieves, but for that money it has to be worth trying,
and as mentioned above, a good physical, visible deterrent is a must too.
We have just put the deposit on a new motorhome,,,,new to us,,,, and are in the process of planning what to do security wise, but I think the two tracker idea is a go for us,,,,,,,,,,and await some better ideas from you guys out there.

Most insurers now insist a Thatcham approved tracker is fitted to any motorhome over a certain value. I’m with Caravan Guard and any vehicle over £60,000 has to have a tracker.

Not tecky enough to answer but 915 is same as,905 with a bigger battery . only server is the simm card you use . I think? ????
These trackers work in two different ways:
1: you send a text and they reply with a text giving their location. That only uses SMS messaging, no server involved.
2: They report to a tracking server every so often, or when the move a set distance, and the server keeps a database of movements. You then use a web page or an app to see where it is, where it has been. That uses a server.
From the writeup of the 905/915 units I saw, there is no way to choose to use a different tracking server. This may be because it is locked to one server, or it may be that the docs are just a bit inadequate. Sometimes the trackers that are locked to one server are sold more cheaply.
Probable reasons to want to be able to choose the server are:
The free server they provide may stop being available, or
It may only be free for a limited time, then rather expensive
It may be very slow, or
You may be concerned about privacy, or
The server may only retain a few weeks data.

Relax folks I have the answer: HERE

Probably the best system on the market. As recommended and used by at least two motorhome manufacturers.

Last edited:
Most insurance companies don’t insist on an alarm but do insist on an approved tracker. Lockdown isn’t on my insurance approved list.

Speak to AIB, it was not on Aviva's list but I got my insurance from Aviva same price. Obviously you want to be covered in the event of a claim and I think the brokers are probably more help in those circumstances.

Also remember that you are not covered from collecting your vehicle until you have the alarm/tracker fitted.

Speak to AIB, it was not on Aviva's list but I got my insurance from Aviva same price. Obviously you want to be covered in the event of a claim and I think the brokers are probably more help in those circumstances.

Also remember that you are not covered from collecting your vehicle until you have the alarm/tracker fitted.

I have spoken to AIB in the past but they were always way more expensive than Caravan Guard and that was without recovery which was included in Caravan Guard price.
Regarding cover until alarm/tracker fitted, Caravan Guard allow 1 month for you to have them fitted.

I have spoken to AIB in the past but they were always way more expensive than Caravan Guard and that was without recovery which was included in Caravan Guard price.
Regarding cover until alarm/tracker fitted, Caravan Guard allow 1 month for you to have them fitted.

Thats really good although I had a run-in with Caravan guard a couple of years ago some I refuse to touch them now. Apart from comparing with caravan guard I felt I got a comperable deal through AIB.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back