Victron Inverter.

Do Victron make a Multiplus Compact 12v 2000W inverter?
All I can find is a Multiplus Compact 12v 2000VA which I believe is 1600W.
Thanks.
I think this might be Victron being correct in their engineering terminology. VA is used in electrical engineering more often than W but I can't remember from my City and Guilds days why that is the case. There's quite a lot else I can't remember as it happens.🤔

Cheers

H

I think this might be Victron being correct in their engineering terminology. VA is used in electrical engineering more often than W but I can't remember from my City and Guilds days why that is the case. There's quite a lot else I can't remember as it happens.🤔

Cheers

H
Tell me about it Winks lolololol

something to bear in mind with the Multiplus range is different ranges and outputs have a wide variety of sizes and shapes, so depending where you are installing, it is possible a bigger model might be a better fit!

No, is space an issue for you?
The Multiplus II 12/3000/120 has a 2400W inverter and a 120A battery charger. Would this one fit?
I'm sure space is not an issue. The reason I ask and I will check with the company fitting it and the battery, is that I asked for a 2000W inverter which will give me a bit of headroom, max appliance use will be about 1750-1800W which I think will be too much for the Compact 2000.

Here is what I have.
About 340 solar
Fogstar 460

and not a clue🤣

Will there be much power wasted driving the larger inverter?
Will the fogstar 460 be able to provide enough power, I believe it can supply 200 something's?

Have a look at the Renogy one. Ken fitted one last year and I was impressed with its compact size and it had a few up to date features.

I'm sure space is not an issue. The reason I ask and I will check with the company fitting it and the battery, is that I asked for a 2000W inverter which will give me a bit of headroom, max appliance use will be about 1750-1800W which I think will be too much for the Compact 2000.

Here is what I have.
About 340 solar
Fogstar 460

and not a clue🤣
It is annoying how many people just state the VA value - i.e. 12/2000 as the watts and then others take that as correct and the misinformation propogates :( I wouldn't be that surprised if that company thinks the Multiplus 2000 is a 2000W inverter.

Knowing nothing as I do is not a bad place to be🤣
In their defence I do know they know this stuff inside out, however I will check with them the details.

It is annoying how many people just state the VA value - i.e. 12/2000 as the watts and then others take that as correct and the misinformation propogates :( I wouldn't be that surprised if that company thinks the Multiplus 2000 is a 2000W inverter.
That’s one thing that really annoys me with Victron. They may use the right terminology but they are selling to the general public who would take it as Watts in the main, (as many posts show anyway). I always feel that they are trying to con me which I know isn’t their intention and is irrational. At least I know about it and always ask you haha

That’s one thing that really annoys me with Victron. They may use the right terminology but they are selling to the general public who would take it as Watts in the main, (as many posts show anyway). I always feel that they are trying to con me which I know isn’t their intention and is irrational. At least I know about it and always ask you haha
I think it is an indication of a company that is engineering-centric and don't realise their customers are not all electrical engineers :) I am not disagreeing with you, note - it can be confusing but at least the Victron data sheets are very informative on how the outputs work and the various limits.

This is not an uncommon thing with companies run by engineers ... I had to rewrite one set of user instructions for a product as the ones on the installation sheet made sense for the people who designed it but not so much for the ones using it :( This seemed to have been appreciated by at least one person....
email to vendor who shared it with me:
I would encourage you to compare these instructions with yours, also attached below. Your instructions fail to mention how the new setting is to be saved ...., plus your instructions are unnecessarily complicated. After much frustration and wasted time I went looking for better instructions. I followed the Wildebus instructions [found via google. not my customer] exactly and had the unit reprogrammed in minutes.
I have seen other similar comments for the product as well :) .

something to bear in mind with the Multiplus range is different ranges and outputs have a wide variety of sizes and shapes, so depending where you are installing, it is possible a bigger model might be a better fit!
That was the case for me, I couldn't fit the 2000vA one but I could and did fit the 3000vA one and in reality I'm glad I did because as time as gone on (and being full time) I've used the extra power more and more and the 120amp battery charger is a bonus even though I've only used it three times in nearly 4 years 🤔

Regards,
Del

All sorted with inverter...
12/3000 will be fitted.

Thanks all for info, been interesting and a learning curve for me.

Regards,
Tim.
Hi Tim, I went with the Renogy 3000. It gives me all the 230v I could ever need. All I have to do now is find a way of keeping the batteries charged.
There’s something wrong with the Ctek Smartpass I fitted 5 years. Or should I say, there’s always been something wrong with the smartpass. I only ever get about 20amp when driving. The Smartpass should bring this up to 100amp.
( alternator permitting) . But I’ve never seen anything like that. I’ve only started noticing that since travelling for longer periods. Leaving home with full batteries, and only going to club meets, it was never a problem worth investigating.
Either that or it’s the alternator.
Something for me to sort out when I get home.

Hi Tim, I went with the Renogy 3000. It gives me all the 230v I could ever need. All I have to do now is find a way of keeping the batteries charged.
There’s something wrong with the Ctek Smartpass I fitted 5 years. Or should I say, there’s always been something wrong with the smartpass. I only ever get about 20amp when driving. The Smartpass should bring this up to 100amp.
( alternator permitting) . But I’ve never seen anything like that. I’ve only started noticing that since travelling for longer periods. Leaving home with full batteries, and only going to club meets, it was never a problem worth investigating.
Either that or it’s the alternator.
Something for me to sort out when I get home.
Hi Derek, at the moment I can't see me needing the 2400W from the 12/3000 but I wanted more than the 1600W from the 12/2000 so an obvious choice. It's nice to know there should be some future proofing too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back