Victron Inverter.

No idea why that came out in triplicate 🤔🤪

Something you should ask your installer to fit along with the Multiplus is a Victron VE.Bus SmartDongle. it is not a large extra cost and lets you monitor and control the Multiplus using the VE.Connect smartphone app.
One key function you might find useful is it gives you is the ability to set a maximum current for the EHU. Handy for sites with lower power hookups and stops you tripping the supply if you say put on an electric kettle whilst also using a microwave for example.

Presumably the 120 amp charger only works on EHU?
Do you know if the Multiplus splits the charge from the solar to both the vehicle battery and the leisure battery or does it charge the leisure battery then the vehicle battery?
Regards,
Tim.
The charger is only from EHU.
The Multiplus will know NOTHING about the Solar. It also does not do any kind of split-chargjng between batteries.
It DOES have a connection that is meant to allow you to send a charge to the starter battery at a rate of 4A for the 12/3000/120, but I would not recommend you use that as it is not very well designed TBH.

Something you should ask your installer to fit along with the Multiplus is a Victron VE.Bus SmartDongle.
When I was enquiring about the 12/3000 I was asked if I wanted the (guessing what she said here) gx/gs/gtx or something like that version to which I replied, I have no idea.
Do I need to know what the different versions are? Will the dongle thingy fit to all of them?

When I was enquiring about the 12/3000 I was asked if I wanted the (guessing what she said here) gx/gs/gtx or something like that version to which I replied, I have no idea.
Do I need to know what the different versions are? Will the dongle thingy fit to all of them?
the GX would be the Victron Cerbo GX I would think. That is something you might want if you have a complex Victron setup and wanted to do a lot of monitoring and remote viewing. In your case the Smart Dongle is the baby :) That connects to the Multiplus with a standard RJ45/Cat 5 Network Cable (don't accept anything more than a fiver tops to pay for the cable to go with the Dongle. I make my own RJ45 Cables .. costs 30p maybe.)

Hi Derek, at the moment I can't see me needing the 2400W from the 12/3000 but I wanted more than the 1600W from the 12/2000 so an obvious choice. It's nice to know there should be some future proofing too.
Your diet doesn’t consist of mainly oven chips

Spoke with them and will be installed.👍
Now all I need to do is find out what is does😂
I doubt they do it as a matter of course but also ask them to update the Multiplus Firmware to the latest version before they install it. Unlike most of the other Victron products this is not something the user can do themselves.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back