Waste water

Carrotts

Hi all. Talking to a Motorhomer in car park. Told him about our forums etc. He said he knew about them He had had a good laugh at some of the comments. I was a bit put out by this as I do like our forums threads. I asked him what he meant. He replied he had read about waste water and how it should be disposed off. . . He empties his as he drives along country roads because he had looked at the road when he emptied out his water waste and it left no sign of food etc he could not see what’s the difference to doing that to washing a car/ motor home on the road. I must admit it did make me ponder on this. And I thought I would share it with the forum. Made me think of the saying every one to there own. He thinks his way is right but I bet a lot of people will fault it Will stick to my way. Country road ,kerb. Drains. Grass verges. Brian

Hi all. Talking to a Motorhomer in car park. Told him about our forums etc. He said he knew about them He had had a good laugh at some of the comments. I was a bit put out by this as I do like our forums threads. I asked him what he meant. He replied he had read about waste water and how it should be disposed off. . . He empties his as he drives along country roads because he had looked at the road when he emptied out his water waste and it left no sign of food etc he could not see what’s the difference to doing that to washing a car/ motor home on the road. I must admit it did make me ponder on this. And I thought I would share it with the forum. Made me think of the saying every one to there own. He thinks his way is right but I bet a lot of people will fault it Will stick to my way. Country road ,kerb. Drains. Grass verges. Brian
Just make sure there are not any carrots in the waste water !
Or Turnips, Swedish people, Welsh people (Leeks), Parsnips etc etc

I would be very careful, there is bound to be someone lurking nearby just waiting to take some pictures of you and post them here.

I've posted this before. But someone once told me his favoured method was for wifey to go to the van rear pull the
valve and let it all go at +60mph. Unfortunately what he was talking about was his black waste 50Litres worth! He reckoned
at that speed it atomised before hitting the road.
My guess is that following vehicle owners must have wondered why the free underbody Waxoyling, attracted so
many flies!

Laika vans used to be fitted with black waste tanks a la RVs. as an option to cassettes, perhaps some still do.

I’ll be careful to keep my distance behind any Laika vans then ........... 😱😱🤬🤬😂😂

It's possible the Laika duo have now gone up market, so be even more careful
if you find yourself following a 38ft RV, they have 250Litre shite tanks. Hope you've at least
got Traction Control fitted, ;)

I've posted this before. But someone once told me his favoured method was for wifey to go to the van rear pull the
valve and let it all go at +60mph. Unfortunately what he was talking about was his black waste 50Litres worth! He reckoned
at that speed it atomised before hitting the road.
My guess is that following vehicle owners must have wondered why the free underbody Waxoyling, attracted so
many flies!

Laika vans used to be fitted with black waste tanks a la RVs. as an option to cassettes, perhaps some still do.
🎼 He’s a champion muck spreader.

I am sure someone will say I am wrong and I stress I have never done it but what is wrong with letting grey water go on a quiet backroad ,? ,obviously not if other traffic is about, also the small amount most vans hold would disappear quickly.
I wait for the firing squad.

I think it's a matter of perception. If you knew nothing about m otorhomes, what would you think was being dumped on the road? Think trains in stations. 😀

The tank manufacturers need to get their act together. The hole that the water comes out of is never on the bottom like it should be but an inch or so up the side.
Even though I empty it before leaving a site, a good bit still stays in the tank until I go bumping across the field or round the first few bends - and all the other campers give me dirty looks because I am doing something wrong - I can't help it!

The tank manufacturers need to get their act together. The hole that the water comes out of is never on the bottom like it should be but an inch or so up the side.
Even though I empty it before leaving a site, a good bit still stays in the tank until I go bumping across the field or round the first few bends - and all the other campers give me dirty looks because I am doing something wrong - I can't help it!

Close the valve after emptying or before departing, if you suspect there are tut tutters about.

On a more serious note, I think that is deliberate surely. If it were at the lowest point, then all the tank debris would end up sitting on the exit and likely blocking it - same reason as you never get the feed pipe of fuel tanks at the very bottom of a fuel tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back