What did you do to your van today?

Is that Fiona job then?
She has recovered the duel seat ,and as I type this she is upstairs recovering the other one .think that leaves two head restraints to do ,she got new foam which was bloody dear it's some special type( I'm told ) 😳I feel she is dragging her heals a bit ,thought it would be finished by now ,Hope she don't read this
Be flipping new flooring no doubt next as we're having the colour change 😀
Think I will leave the front covers of till we're heading to newhaven next month

@Jeff Ex-Windsurfer reported the 'Cassette Full' light illumination after emptying, and we've had the same problem about 3 times this trip, albeit the light extinguished if the cassette was withdrawn and reinserted forcefully. Today was the exception and the light remained in the 'on' position, despite many attempts

I had followed the technical instructions only to use olive oil on the cassette seal (but haven't done so recently, relying on the new water to keep the seal and the arm moving freely. Some of the olive oil residue had formed a small gritty lump in a couple of places around the seal and the bumps were pushing the seal upwards, causing the 'full' light to illuminated. Gentle probing with a flat bladed screwdriver removed the gunge piles and the cassette is registering freshly emptied again. The rubber seal has seen better days, so it may be time to get a 'Refresh' kit, or even a 2nd cassette for those overnight stays at 'No Facilities' Aires. Only problem is finding space to store it; and then driving round with 17 litres of liquid human waste and pee until I can get to a Service Point. After my problem finding places to pee in Zaragoza, I'd quite like a break from these sorts of difficulties! (y) :rolleyes:

Steve

@Jeff Ex-Windsurfer reported the 'Cassette Full' light illumination after emptying, and we've had the same problem about 3 times this trip, albeit the light extinguished if the cassette was withdrawn and reinserted forcefully. Today was the exception and the light remained in the 'on' position, despite many attempts

I had followed the technical instructions only to use olive oil on the cassette seal (but haven't done so recently, relying on the new water to keep the seal and the arm moving freely. Some of the olive oil residue had formed a small gritty lump in a couple of places around the seal and the bumps were pushing the seal upwards, causing the 'full' light to illuminated. Gentle probing with a flat bladed screwdriver removed the gunge piles and the cassette is registering freshly emptied again. The rubber seal has seen better days, so it may be time to get a 'Refresh' kit, or even a 2nd cassette for those overnight stays at 'No Facilities' Aires. Only problem is finding space to store it; and then driving round with 17 litres of liquid human waste and pee until I can get to a Service Point. After my problem finding places to pee in Zaragoza, I'd quite like a break from these sorts of difficulties! (y) :rolleyes:

Steve
Are you no getting mixed up wi yer duke o argyles Steve? ( lumps/sealing Ring etc 😳

She has recovered the duel seat ,and as I type this she is upstairs recovering the other one .think that leaves two head restraints to do ,she got new foam which was bloody dear it's some special type( I'm told ) 😳I feel she is dragging her heals a bit ,thought it would be finished by now ,Hope she don't read this
Be flipping new flooring no doubt next as we're having the colour change 😀
Think I will leave the front covers of till we're heading to newhaven next month
Where are you of to Gordon

ThinkI have a slow puncture in one tyre (dropped from 67 to 48PSI twice now) so took to local tyre place ... couldn't identify any leaks?
Might be the TPMS Sensor causing very slow leak maybe? They replaced the valve core and will see if that has made a difference, but I might swap two sensors over and see if the pressure drop stays with sensor (sensor issue) or is on 'opposite' tyre (tyre issue).

ThinkI have a slow puncture in one tyre (dropped from 67 to 48PSI twice now) so took to local tyre place ... couldn't identify any leaks?
Might be the TPMS Sensor causing very slow leak maybe? They replaced the valve core and will see if that has made a difference, but I might swap two sensors over and see if the pressure drop stays with sensor (sensor issue) or is on 'opposite' tyre (tyre issue).
Maybe a small rim leak over a few days, hard to detect.

Maybe a small rim leak over a few days, hard to detect.
dunno, but these were brand new top brand tyres (Michelin Cross-Climates) on brand new alloy wheels, so wouldn't expect leaks due to anything wheel-related (gone pourous, flaky bits on rim, etc)

interesting looking sink you have there as well. (I mean that sincerely).

Took it up the Antrim hills to a old mining village now called Cargan, in its day there was a 2 way pully sys and later a n gauge train to east coast harbour where the iron orr was sent to england.
Not much left now but a we park walk and one old house building in a distant field.
Seems the gate is now left open so vans can get in, very tight turning of the single track road if you could call it that.Cargan a.jpgCargan b.jpgCargan c.jpgCargan d.jpgCargan e.jpgCargan f.jpgCargan g.jpgCargan h.jpg

Back