🇵🇹🇪🇸ayamonte/ Vila real San antonio

We were there last week for a few nights, didn’t feel threatened. As said before Ayamonte is a lovely place, shops and bars. The ferry ⛴️ was great.
Villa real San Antonio is a nice place too.

From members known to me. And talking to other motorhomers.
A local motorhomer warned me off, when we spent a week as neighbours at Minas do Sao Domingo.
But if you don't believe me.... No worries.
Go there, try it yourself and perhaps leave a cab window open when you go to the launderette or go a meal.
We went to Mines last year a new air was in construction probably completed now but we just parked up nearby but it was horrible very dusty and just barren not the Domingus we used to love but may be better now if new Aire open we only stayed there for an hour and left

We were there last week for a few nights, didn’t feel threatened. As said before Ayamonte is a lovely place, shops and bars. The ferry ⛴️ was great.
Villa real San Antonio is a nice place too.
We have stayed there. Many times and was there this time last year for a few nights never had any problems all facilities there just park up anywhere and wait till other spots become vacant and move van if you like till you get a place you like better, nice town all you need there boat trip across to Ayamonte Spain if you like fruit sellers do call but no problem with then either just be aware you have lots of goodies they do not so same as anywhere be alert

The history of the Mines is a sad one. A dictatorial British company brought in indented labour, from the poor north.
Made them work like slaves in dangerous and filthy pollution.
Could only shop in the company store and the place was so remote, that there was no chance of escaping.
As a metallurgist and quality engineer, I reported that their haematite ore was losing its strength and purity.
So alternative supplies were resourced.
I can say that I was part of closing down the mine..
If you look at the housing , you can still see traces of how they lived.
There's a museum there, that's worth a visit.

Back