2024 France/Spain Tour.

Now at Berck, our usual first stop for a couple of nights. Hectic last night, filled van with water, to find it scooting out under the sink, was too late to be dealt with, fixed this morning, the cold water thingy popped out from underside of tap, a push fit back in, all good, a fe expletives we’re said 😡

Stopped the Little Switzerland campsite, Folkestone, the guy tried parking me on the grass, I was wise of this from last year, said I’d rather park on a little used tarmac road, and that I did, later in a young family parked near us on the grass, I warned the lad this morning to get off tge grass soon, as they had a train to catch, and guess what, he was stuck, no one official on site to help, I ended up getting out the bread crate base mats I made, and this got him off, an hour list doing this. Beats me why park owner allows folks to park on grass when there has been heavy rain, and have mats ready for folks to use, instead of relying on other campers getting folks out the mud!!

I forgot to add, if you find yourselves in Folkestone, Sandy’s fish and chips are memorable, had the first time last year, same this afternoon, Cod was huge, worth going to and good value for the money 😛😋 shop is down bythe harbour .

A few years back we went to Italy via Chamonix. Spent a few days on the aire right under the cable car in Chamonix and had a great time there (train trip to visit the Mer de Glacé springs to mind as well as Chamonix itself). Then through the Mont Blanc tunnel and into Italy via the Aosta Valley.

@runnach - can I ask where you are heading to in Italy?

I’ll get back to when we return to MH and I dig out the route plan 👍

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Great Spring photos. I'm always fascinated by those little things, zipping along and tacking back. If I lived near a beach like Berck I suspect I'd end up buying one (but only for months when the beach is quiet).

@runnach - can I ask where you are heading to in Italy?
Although in pencil at this time, when we leave Poitiers, head toward Puy De Dome, possibly return to Beas uncle? Then pick up the Napoleon route to Nice. Cross into Italy and follow coast road to Savona, once there, head North to Acqui Terme, as my sister and bro in law will arrive at their place there sometime in April, chill there for a while, while we make up our minds where to head next? Nothing in stone.
HTH?

Sounds good Terry I recon you have timed your trip spot on for the spring weather and no hoards. Enjoy and remember loads of piccys for the dim ones like myself who canny read to well.
We could make a great team Wully, Dim & Dimmer 😂 weather has been very good today, long May this continue!!

Have a great trip Terry, perfect time of the year.
We love the way the continentals live to work, in contrast to here, where we work to live!
Stay safe….. and watch those potholes.

Have a great trip Terry, perfect time of the year.
We love the way the continentals live to work, in contrast to here, where we work to live!
Stay safe….. and watch those potholes.
I was thinking the same Roger, they are out there enjoying themselves on the beach, or their cycles. The aire here at Berck is not officially open (beginning of April) and it is busy.

Pothole radar will be switched on Italian border 👍

Viewing French news now, Meteo predicting this summer will be hotter than last summer 🔥.

80th anniversary of D Day landings, where they are predicting a record influx of tourists around the Normandy landing areas. Take note any members passing through, the region will be hectic, and a memorable experience.

Last edited:
Any sign of the farmers protests? Years ago when they where protesting against UK lamb imports we where caught up in one road block no way to pass tyres burning across the road. Police turned up an where concerned for our safety but the farmers waved them away an invited us to join their barbeque We spent the night at one of our hosts farms

Back