2024 France/Spain Tour.

No issues at all, was speaking with caretaker of the college next to aire, many French not happy with Macron, cost of living, fuel costs Ukraines and other sucking up euros, same as UK really.

Anyhoo, lovely day, warm and out for a cycle 🚲

IMG_5617.jpegIMG_5616.jpegIMG_5615.jpeg

Are those Ebikes the Cross City E models?

We have the same ones!

We like them and very handy to stow in the garage in the MH when not in use.

We have the same ones!

We like them and very handy to stow in the garage in the MH when not in use.
Exactly, easy to store, and what I really like and was important for this purchase, they don’t jump out as being an eBike, as the battery is not on show, and safely secure within the bike frame.

Reactions: GMJ
Exactly, easy to store, and what I really like and was important for this purchase, they don’t jump out as being an eBike, as the battery is not on show, and safely secure within the bike frame.
Our Biwbik Spanish Ebikes have the battery on show, BUT the key can be removed, and the battery remains locked in situ via a 6-8mm metal rotating bolt under the saddle post. You could grind the bolt mechanism off, but that would destroy the saddle post and the battery housing, and you still wouldn't have the key to switch the battery back on ...

And, a 24kg small wheeled bike without power is not fun to lug around :ROFLMAO: 👍. We're at Badajoz Aire, so may cycle to Portugal; sounds better than 'go for a 5 mile each way ride' (to reach the nearest café) ...

Steve

We bought the carry bags from Halfords too. They are a real help if you haven't got them (y)

Our Biwbik Spanish Ebikes have the battery on show, BUT the key can be removed, and the battery remains locked in situ via a 6-8mm metal rotating bolt under the saddle post. You could grind the bolt mechanism off, but that would destroy the saddle post and the battery housing, and you still wouldn't have the key to switch the battery back on ...

And, a 24kg small wheeled bike without power is not fun to lug around :ROFLMAO: 👍. We're at Badajoz Aire, so may cycle to Portugal; sounds better than 'go for a 5 mile each way ride' (to reach the nearest café) ...

Steve
Steve, thief would cut through securing chain and nick the whole lot using a 12v grinder, unfortunately.

We bought the carry bags from Halfords too. They are a real help if you haven't got them (y)
I didn’t bother with the bags, bike 1, I drop handlebar only, bike 2, against bike 1 and both are secured against the garage rear wall, has worked well to date 👍

Reactions: GMJ
Steve, thief would cut through securing chain and nick the whole lot using a 12v grinder, unfortunately.
Not true, Terry. As long as the key is removed (which kills power to the bike), any angle grinding will wreck the seat post and frame structure, leaving an unpowered bike of 24kg that will collapse as soon as someone sits on it. Might still suffer from pure vandalism, but that's true of any bike ...

When we cycled to Portugal for lunch, a bike dealer was at the Cafe/Bar and pored over the bikes in some detail. I could probably have sold them, but it would have been a long walk back to Spain ... And lunch only came to €7 including the beers, so the wallet wasn't overstretched :ROFLMAO:

Steve

The E bikes look good value for money, We'd get them, but Liz just doesn't have the bend in her knees, and I'm not keen on hanging stuff of the back of van walls.

Out of curiosity, can they be used with 100% no pedalling?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lee
The E bikes look good value for money, We'd get them, but Liz just doesn't have the bend in her knees, and I'm not keen on hanging stuff of the back of van walls.

Out of curiosity, can they be used with 100% no pedalling?
Ours can't, Kev (but mine does have the cabling present for it to be used as a throttle operation, and it will remain unconnected unless the law is changed). It takes about 2 seconds from the start of pedalling for the motor to kick in (which it does with vigour, so elegant swan-like gliding doesn't happen in the acceleration phase. It soon settles down, though, and cruising is pretty effortless, just needing the legs to turn to keep the motor operating)

Steve

It's not the effort Steve, she's as strong as they come but she can't pedal as she doesn't have enough bend for when the pedal comes to the anywhere near the top of it's stroke.

When we cycled to Portugal for lunch, a bike dealer was at the Cafe/Bar and pored over the bikes in some detail. I could probably have sold them, but it would have been a long walk back to Spain ... And lunch only came to €7 including the beers, so the wallet wasn't overstretched :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Burntisland to Spain and Portugal, your bike must have mahoooosive batteries Steve 😳

Is this coz you is so sylph-like?

Back