2024 France/Spain Tour.

I wish, Kev ...So sylph-like, I am only obese, rather than morbidly obese 👍

Steve
Me too, but I do get upset about it, I eat so little these days I should have shrunk by now, I do weigh less but still have too much bigness about my person.

Looking forward to both of those, Liz is less keen.

Liz calls them Slugs with a better address :D :D

Anyone for Escargots and Cuisses De Grenouilles?
Lovely 😊
View attachment 71897View attachment 71898
My ex-brother-in-law had Snails on a Boys' Weekend 40th Birthday trip to Dieppe. On the return ferry, 'Brian's Revenge' took hold at such speed that he dashed to the toilet at maximum velocity, turning right, right again and right into the loos. He was gone for over 20 minutes and we began to worry that 'Brian's Revenge' was no longer a joke. He explained that he had just 'aimed for the bogs and a vacant cubicle' without realising it was a shared entrance, and the gents were off to the left. 'It was horrible, having to stay in there with the evidence until it sounded that all the women had left ...'

Steve
:rolleyes: 👍

• Funny
Reactions: GMJ
My ex-brother-in-law had Snails on a Boys' Weekend 40th Birthday trip to Dieppe. On the return ferry, 'Brian's Revenge' took hold at such speed that he dashed to the toilet at maximum velocity, turning right, right again and right into the loos. He was gone for over 20 minutes and we began to worry that 'Brian's Revenge' was no longer a joke. He explained that he had just 'aimed for the bogs and a vacant cubicle' without realising it was a shared entrance, and the gents were off to the left. 'It was horrible, having to stay in there with the evidence until it sounded that all the women had left ...'

Steve
:rolleyes: 👍
At least he did not croak it 🐸 Steve 😂

All hands on deck this afternoon, with all this rain coming down basement suffering from flooding. Anything worth anything is raised and will be safe, a first for me.

I’m asking myself, why build a house by first digging a huge hole in the ground, then build up?

More of the same tomorrow me thinks 🫣😥🌧️

Yesterdays eventful day saw the Pompiers pumping out and approx 2000 litres of water from basement, I reckon Bea and I, removed about another 300 litres using an old pump I got working. Ground do soaked and sodden, a good part of water removed earlier, had returned when I checked 012.30hrs this morning, the rain woke me.

This morning we drove over to Chauvigny to purchase a wet vac from LeClerk. Then spent most of this afternoon hoovering up 700 litres from around the cave areas of basement. Was far quicker than using the bodge pump, and easier.

The river running through Chauvigny was scary and running very rapid. The posted pics, you can see gardens and a football pitch underwater, due to river bursting its banks. Speaking with a local gent, he said the pitch and gardens were normal at 09.30hrs, underwater by 010.00 hrs. He said the last time river was this as bad was 40 year ago. The image of the house with the three wooden steps up to patio doors, is approx 500 metres from the river.

IMG_5682.jpegIMG_5681.jpegIMG_5680.jpegIMG_5680.jpegIMG_5678.jpegIMG_5677.jpegIMG_5676.jpegIMG_5675.jpegIMG_5674.jpeg

I’m really pleased the event had good weather, Tony. Despite near to us towns devastated with horrendous flooding, we had no rain today, which allowed me to get a handle on the issue here, and why the sudden water ingress into basement, I’ve now worked out ( I think?) how the drainage works, builder arriving Tuesday morning.

Then hopefully see the weather improve so we can hit the road again?

Change of plan due to medical reasons (nothing serious) to my Bro in law, they're not sure to be at their home in Italy this month. So tomorrow we are heading to Spain.

Looking for suggestions for best SIM card to purchase when we arrive to Spain? We looked at RegLow card today at Le Clerk, fine if remaining within France, very restrictive with data use in Spain.

Thanks in adavance.

Back