2024 France/Spain Tour.

I’m beginning to wonder about the mentality of some camper owners, we’re on an aire about the size of a couple of football pitches, including us, there are six campers. We came back from a cycle and behind us in an old VW T25, he fairly close and I should get out in the morning easily?

Then to my LHS, I have Herr fkn Flick parked no more than 2 metre from us 😡

IMG_6264.jpegIMG_6265.jpegIMG_6263.jpeg

Last edited:
Dave, I’m downloading “There be blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover” for his wake up call tomorrow morning 😁
I thought the White Cliffs of Dover were wizened old men who lived in Kent; and you can make up your own punchline for the Blue Birds {Remembering te Two Ronnies 'Nana Moussaka and Charles Azenough' Sketch with Ronnie Barker's Nana M. singing traditional English songs in Greek which were then sub-titled into Greek'ish English on the foor of the TV Screen. This gave a mashup of foreign words to the tune of 'Bye Bye Blackbird' and the 'English' sub-titles of 'Farewell negro lady' ...

Wouldn't be able to broadcast such a sketch now, but it was a] very funny, visually and aurally; and b] very clever wordsmith skills, probably by Ronnie Barker writing as Gerald Wiley to produce the sketch script, which IIRC, finished with the music to the Can Can, and Ronnie B, as Nana M singing to Charles Azenough, 'I love you Gallic Manners, Wish that you were Nana's, I would take you home and have you stuffed!' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Els Muntells. It so flat and for miles the area utilised for rice planting. Pics are example of the numerous paddy fields. The whole area is a Delta, where Flamingos 🦩 roam, not seen any yet.

On an aire which is free, with the usual facilities for those with a self contained vehicle, there is a toilet block, which is currently locked up. Also a bar, where Tapas can be had. Being a Delta, it is nice and flat, which is ideal for cycling 👍

View attachment 72744View attachment 72745View attachment 72746View attachment 72747View attachment 72748
Is that the Ebro Delta, Terry? We stayed at the L'Aldea Aire but cycled to Camarles, past the Paddy Fields, where there was a larger Aire, where the mainline trains roared past, about 5 metres from the pitches closest to the rail line. So we stayed at the more peaceful L'Aldea Aire, before pretty much following the Ebro to its source on the return journey to Bilbao

We didn't risk the Aire that is within spitting distance of the Ebro Delta [replete with Flamingos] because a Brit M/Homer said it was 'Mozzie Central' and he had been bitten badly by Tiger Mozzies [and I already had enough midge bites from the warm evenings ...]

Steve

We are here Steve, see map image, Els Muntell. No sign of a railway, no mozzies either, so far!IMG_6256.jpeg

I don’t recognise the country of origin of the VW motor, if I hear much more whooosh slaaaaaam baaaaang from his fkn sliding door, I’m going to ……………….move 😂

I don’t recognise the country of origin of the VW motor, if I hear much more whooosh slaaaaaam baaaaang from his fkn sliding door, I’m going to ……………….move 😂
Terry photos are great enjoyed catching up with your trip. I’ve got one of them whooshy bangy doors now I canny wait to get close to you at a meet hear you scream.😜

Terry photos are great enjoyed catching up with your trip. I’ve got one of them whooshy bangy doors now I canny wait to get close to you at a meet hear you scream.😜
Also Wully, I can make you a whoosh bangy door to your Dethleffs, a minor task with a decent plasma cutter 👍

I cannot believe just how PVCs have increased in numbers over the last four or five years.

They are a doddle to drive, fairly easy to park, simple to shake out the bedding each morning, and best of all ........

.......... I love the whoosh bang doors. 😈

With the quality work Wully is putting into his MAN van, he’ll be fitting an auto open and close door device, powered by his VimtoMAN power bank 😂

You ever wonder how it all started? Pic shows a paddy field (not your garden Trev) in it infancy, the field next door is growing egg plant. Come harvest time, both are mixed, and there you have your egg fried rice, or as they say over the phone while repeating your order “egg flied lice” 😂
IMG_6246.jpeg

You ever wonder how it all started? Pic shows a paddy field (not your garden Trev) in it infancy, the field next door is growing egg plant. Come harvest time, both are mixed, and there you have your egg fried rice, or as they say over the phone while repeating your order “egg flied lice” 😂
View attachment 72765
They say 'egg flied lice' as a joke; because they're nit wits ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

This morning view from camper door, stunning!!

Steve, we’re parked up up at the start of the strip of sand that takes you down salt pans. We will cycle down after breakfast, then have a day in at the beach.
IMG_6268.jpegIMG_6266.jpeg

Back