2024 France/Spain Tour.

25 of us attended, Tony. Buffet available, was a good night.

Last Sunday I introduced Wully to the Just too, we had a meal from there varied menu, the fare was decent.

I’m sure you had a great time catching up with your grandchildren, can sap your energy, though.

Before we left we sorned the SLK, battery was new late last year, and flat. Mitsu battery I installed before we left in March and was fine, jump started the SLK, even with the hand brake not applied ( left in P ) brakes were sticky, fine now though.

Be interesting to know how your EV fairs being parked up for a time.

I like the Stag and the old DS, sky still looking grim though!

No Stag there I dont think? That"s a late TR5 or TR6
Think they were both 6’s sounded wonderful. I’d love one, but by todays standards they are far from quick. I passed on one when I was 21 & regret it to this day.
Honda 2000’s are nice too, saw one of them following a Porsche, they are quicker than a TR6🤔

25 of us attended, Tony. Buffet available, was a good night.

Last Sunday I introduced Wully to the Just too, we had a meal from there varied menu, the fare was decent.

I’m sure you had a great time catching up with your grandchildren, can sap your energy, though.

Before we left we sorned the SLK, battery was new late last year, and flat. Mitsu battery I installed before we left in March and was fine, jump started the SLK, even with the hand brake not applied ( left in P ) brakes were sticky, fine now though.

Be interesting to know how your EV fairs being parked up for a time.

Home and all seems well. Tractor with topper started, strimmer filled and prepped for a busy day tomorrow as is the lawn tractor. Both EV’s seem fine although I’ve only moved them out of the garage and no binding brakes! I left both cars plugged in while we were away, little Fiat on a scheduled half hour charge with the granny charger for half an hour a week, Tesla on the home charger set to 65% so it just topped up randomly. As I don’t like installing OTA updates if I’m not near the car in case something goes wrong I had several updates for the Tesla waiting but now installed successfully. So it’s hoping now for a spell of good weather so the jungle can be tamed. Already forgotten about the trip away!

Why so many updates?

Why so many updates?
Tesla are always fiddling with things! For example when I first got the car the screen visualisation showed oncoming vehicles unless they were on your side of the road!, they then took that away and we now have it back again. As the UK regs change re self driving the updates mirror those changes - eg my car will now move out to overtake on a motorway if the adjacent lane is clear when I used to have to prompt it by indicating. Some updates IMHO are improvements but a lot actually take away some features, my car being what they now term a “legacy” vehicle (ie old!) doesn’t get so many updates as the newer vehicles. I reckon that I get an OTA update around every couple of weeks.

We were talking about maybe getting a hybrid next, but then we would have the expense of putting in a charger for it.

We were talking about maybe getting a hybrid next, but then we would have the expense of putting in a charger for it.
You could probably get away with using the “granny charger” that normally comes with the car. That just plugs into a 3 pin socket and charges at 3kwh. My home charger is 7kwh. I was lucky as I was an early EV adopter and there were loads of incentives back then including a free home charger (energy trust Scotland)

The problem is I need to find one that is easy to get into like a crossover perhaps, newer than 2016, that we like at a price we can afford and doesn't have too many miles on it, I don't even know where to start tbh.

A wee update on the weapon count. I came down to basement to look for a paint sprayer we bought years ago, while I found the sprayer, I found this, also 😳

I need to put a resistance cross on the house roof 😀
View attachment 73213
A wee update on the pistol find while clearing the basement at Beas. Detail from a gunsmith.

I think the pistol is a 1922 model FN . Belgium made the FN.
Our SLR used up till the SA 80 was introduced was an FN model.
Not bad wee thing with the holster in that condition , maybe £150'ish ?

Edit: see post #397 for pistol and holster image.

Last edited:
I would have liked a TR4 or TR6 but too much Dosh.
I did however have an MGB (roadster with overdrive) for a few years. In the late 1970s..Vry nice sports car. Much better than the MG Midget or Triumph Spitfire (deliberate pun)

I would have liked a TR4 or TR6 but too much Dosh.
I did however have an MGB (roadster with overdrive) for a few years. In the late 1970s..Vry nice sports car. Much better than the MG Midget or Triumph Spitfire (deliberate pun)
Not as nimble as a midget, particularly mine with a downton stage 1 engine conversion, best car I’ve ever owned.,
I walked away from a purple TR6 when I was 21 and have regretted it ever since. I’d still have one now If I had a the chance. £25k + now though not thee £2k ish originally
They’re not quick by todays standards but V6 warble🤔

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back