A letter to my MP.

RoaminRog

Dear Mr Freeman,
As one of your constitutes, I am writing to ask for your help please. I have recently retired, and now spend the majority of my time touring the UK and Europe, together with my wife, in our Motorhome.
I am incensed that whoever negotiated the Brexit agreement has limited Britains to a 90 day stay in Europe, but has allowed Europeans to visit the UK for 180 days. That does not even come close to a reciprocal deal.
Also the passport, that contains every procedure, tablet, medicine, inspection that my dog has ever had, is now no longer a legal document, instead we have to pay for a recently invented Animal Health Certificate costing in the region of £145, which is only valid for four months. The irony is that you have to take the old (illegal) passport to the vet, in order that the details can be copied! Where is the fairness in penalising British dog owning tourists, when we don’t have an issue with rabies in this Country?
Sir, if you have any influence within our Government, please pass my thoughts to anyone and everyone who is in a position to reconsider our Brexit agreement and able to introduce a fair and balanced deal for the British people.
My best regards,

If I receive a reply, I will post it on here,
I welcome your thoughts and comments.

I think the words "Fat Chance" spring to mind. Recently returned from a few weeks in France, such a joy to be able to drive on nice almost traffic free secondary roads, walk around fully stocked supermarkets and buy diesel without a problem....... sigh....

The Government didn’t want to continue with the pet passport scheme as it was or negotiate longer stays in the EU when they finalised their “deal” so it’s unlikely they will be interested in doing anything now.

The Government didn’t want to continue with the pet passport scheme as it was or negotiate longer stays in the EU when they finalised their “deal” so it’s unlikely they will be interested in doing anything now.
I just wanted to register my displeasure. I don’t remember being consulted about anything at all.
I get the impression that the ‘negotiators’ only came away with whatever Europe allowed them to have, making sure that they always had the larger half of the apple.

You should definitely get a reply but as to whether it's content will placate you, I too am sceptical.

We just need to adapt life is ever changing and the motorhome world is definitely changing. Personally I think how lucky I am to have had 8 years of freedom but some of you have had longer than me.

We just need to adapt life is ever changing and the motorhome world is definitely changing. Personally I think how lucky I am to have had 8 years of freedom but some of you have had longer than me.
You are indeed very lucky to have had eight years Pen. We have had a motorhome since our late thirties, but because of work and other commitments have not really been able to find the time to fully appreciate them.
Now that I have time of my hands, I want and need to be able to ‘get out there’ and find the fun things and the beautiful things to experience and enjoy.
Over the last couple of years, it seems that with one thing and another, the world that we know as motorhoming is imploding and becoming more and more restrictive.

Schengen rules, I don’t think they were part of the negotiations because we never signed up even when we were in the EU.

Uk citizens can visit Europe for 6 months per year 180 (90 + 90) days. What we need is for them to change 90 in 180 twice a year to 180 per year.
Not very ambitious! It would certainly help me to have greater flexibility in scheduling trips but would not restore the lost freedom that I crave.

Guess I can’t post my thoughts as it would be political but you would do better putting posters an your van then parking it on the M25. I suspect you will get your grievance heard on national tv although you may have a night in the cells.
Seems we need to learn how to make our thought known from the French

Dear Mr Freeman,
As one of your constitutes, I am writing to ask for your help please. I have recently retired, and now spend the majority of my time touring the UK and Europe, together with my wife, in our Motorhome.
I am incensed that whoever negotiated the Brexit agreement has limited Britains to a 90 day stay in Europe, but has allowed Europeans to visit the UK for 180 days. That does not even come close to a reciprocal deal.
Also the passport, that contains every procedure, tablet, medicine, inspection that my dog has ever had, is now no longer a legal document, instead we have to pay for a recently invented Animal Health Certificate costing in the region of £145, which is only valid for four months. The irony is that you have to take the old (illegal) passport to the vet, in order that the details can be copied! Where is the fairness in penalising British dog owning tourists, when we don’t have an issue with rabies in this Country?
Sir, if you have any influence within our Government, please pass my thoughts to anyone and everyone who is in a position to reconsider our Brexit agreement and able to introduce a fair and balanced deal for the British people.
My best regards,

If I receive a reply, I will post it on here,
I welcome your thoughts and comments.
Well done Roger I hope there is a positive outcome ( but don’t hold your breath) 😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back