A long list

Sonar

Since buying out fixer upper I have done a lot of work far more than the Moho is worth.
Still we’re not be getting another one. So we’re doing what we can so as it’s a bit upgraded.

Here’s the list. Most of the work ourselves..

Well here we go. It’s been somewhat of an adventure since we bought our
Fiat ducato swift Sundance 600B 2003 Moho.
I say adventure we have not been anywhere in it yet.
With a confirmed dvla of just under 19 k mileage .
A lot of jobs that needed doing and some that had to be done others just to put our own stamp on it.
Additions and improvements and essential items.
So all said and done it’s had a bit of a refurb.
We bought it knowing there was a bit to do to it and we were happy to take it on.
It’s not new its paid for and.
I Don’t mind if I get a few scratches or scrapes.
So here’s our list that seemed to go on and on.
Another few weeks. In fact turned out to be 11 weeks in total.
Fitted front parking camera.

Fitted reversing camera.

Fitted plug and socket into dashboard so as to run the reversing camera monitor.
Nothing will be on display when parked .nothing to show there was anything there to start with.

Replaced All the interior lights with led lights and added a few.

Added a led strip light in the garage area.

Added a few interior 240 volt sockets and one inside the garage area.

Added two 12 volt cigar sockets. To the under seat area under cab seats.

Replaced the engine bay battery.

Added a twin set of usb outlets to the side of the cab seats.

Wax oiled the entire underside .

Cleaned and applied underseal to all four wheel arches.

Changed high level brake lights for led strip light. And painted moulding.

Added security dead locks inside on both cab doors.And habitation door.

Secret safe fitted..

Replaced gas locker air vent.

Replaced awning skirt rail . From plastic to alloy.

Replaced three Fiamma dead locks. And added another three to anything that opens with a key.

Solar two roof panels charging for two habitation batteries and the main starting battery.

Fitted an additional 95 AH battery and replaced the other for the same.so now two habitation battery’s.

Removed bike carrier and fitted 4 small reflectors over the existing mounting holes.

Steel finger plates fitted to all the opening cupboards.

Replaced exterior graphics .

Fitted and wired new microwave oven.

Fitted removable hi vis window locks. Can be removed but only from inside.

Removable tv. And Sound bar brackets. Made twin 12 volt cable to match And has a hanging bracket .

New interior carpets.and underlay Upto cab area.

Renewed cab mat for non slip rubber made to fit for the Fiat Ducato.

Fitted sound proofing to the floor inside all lower habitation units then carpeted.

Replaced the fridge exterior vent locking buttons.

Renewed All the plastic herzim trim.

Fitted external 240 volt awning socket

Replaced broken 240 volt hookup supply box and socket.

Fitted a new twist and lay flat kitchen sink tap.

Repairs made to habitation heater.and igniter.

Replaced all the lock barrels with a suited set so as to reduce the amount of existing keys.

Replaced two trim corners. That used to be just a blob of sikaflex.

Replaced damaged rear bumper part. Now resprayed

Driver and passenger seats re trimmed. (. Not by us )

All upholstery including all panels reupholstered.

New curtains and all fully lined as replacements. Inc tie backs.

Added another two curtain tracks. And curtains.

New cab radio with Bluetooth for mobile phones.

new front lower cross member.

Renewed front brake pads.

Replaced rear bump rubbers with an air bag system.

Fitted new underside plastic engine protector.

Repairs to wheel arch needed new steel and welding.

Welding repair to a non structural outrigger.

under seal to all wheel arches .

Some rubber seal trim to the top of the rear bumper and both wheel arches.

Secured all underside wiring using plastic cable clips and stainless steel screws and removed cable ties as were existing.

A set of new reg plated.

Resprayed rear bumper and side skirts. Along With wheel trims and front grille all plastic parts with plastic sealer paints.

Full engine service..

Up plated . Weight

Removed a lot of redundant wiring from previous installations of assorted items.

Numerous other little bits that needed tidying up and fitting properly. Mainly wiring….

Now looking as new as it can get.for a 2003
Removed all the exterior graphics and adhesive.

Cut and polished the motor home exterior. And applied new graphics.

And had a stage 1 ecu remap some might not agree with this but been done now but can be reversed if required.

new clutch and timing belt fitted @ 18993 miles

So this is now ready for a few weeks away. This does not include anything that we have made for the camping side of trips.
This has Not taken as long I thought it would. What with weather and an age thing
still I hope I am finished now for this year anyway. Still it was never a race.

front o/s track-rod end.
tracking
two new tyres on the front
new rear brake shoes and drums.
plastic pull on two blinds.
replaced fridge for a new thetford N4080E. And renew all the wiring. To the new fridge.
replaced the gear knob …The inside plastic bits fell out.

Updated the list

A new thetford fridge.
A new Fiamma S45 awning
A 5G Wi-Fi system
A smart 27 inch tv with built in dvd .

Awaiting an Amplo self levelling system booked in ..

I would have gone with a 230v standard fridge using an inverter, did you fit lead carbon batts litium or old fashoned lead acids.
Seems you done a lot and have worked hard, now where is the pics, we must see. (y)

I would have gone with a 230v standard fridge using an inverter, did you fit lead carbon batts litium or old fashoned lead acids.
Seems you done a lot and have worked hard, now where is the pics, we must see. (y)
I have a few pics I will sort them out and get them on this thread.

Lead acid batteries because at the time I never thought there were any other options .

the rear end had a broken and damaged bike rack on it that i took off and it left a few holes where it was fitted
thats the first image.
I decided to clean out the fixing holes filled them with a flexible mastic and then bought some reflectors and glued them over the holes.
I can if i so wish remove the reflectors and refit a new rack if we wanted one later ..

IMG_0127.jpegIMG_0133.jpegIMG_0222.jpeg

Sorry this is not in order as i did the repairs and improvements .

but after a long list of stuff to do the very first trip out and i found it was a bit rolly on the corners after looking about i bought some rear air bags.
They did not take much to fit them when i managed to get the old ubolts of off the rear springs.

Pumped up to 40 psi and everything is a lot more stiffer when turning and on roudabouts.

IMG_0401.jpegIMG_0405.jpegIMG_0406.jpegIMG_0407.jpegIMG_0409.jpeg

A dumping trip

So on a site and on the way out there was a drain for the grey waste .
No guessing what the problem was here /
we never had a hose and had to turn around into oncoming traffic to empty the tank.

the solution to me seemed simple fit an outlet tap on the other side of the tank.

And that is what we did

we now have a grey water hose and can connect it to a grey water drain on side now from either side.IMG_0113.jpegIMG_0353.jpegIMG_0354.jpegIMG_0355.jpegIMG_0394.jpeg

And now something one would have thought you could have bought anywhere a trim corner ..

But NO.

i looked on a well known auction site for a solution and looked for corner trim for a motorhome and found Nothing.

After sleeping on it overnight the next day i was back on the internet and still found nothing. And thought i would have to do something with silicone sealer.
Bothe side sides were the same filled with rough mastic.
I gave up looking for a while and it went out of my mind .

one evening sitting watching the tv i just glanced to my wifes record holder box.

then everything became very clear Back onto the internet and onto the well known auction site.

And found the corners for a case bought and painted then bent a little into shape and now you would thing they have always been there .

DSCI0211.JPGDSCI0210.JPGIMG_0094.jpegIMG_0131.jpeg

when we bought it most of the interior cushions and seating were cover in what they called protective throws.
The cab seats as he said were protected by some expensive covers made for the Fiat Ducato
he pulled the cover off the top section of a seat and it looked ok to both the wife and myself.
However they looked a little aged but they would do us.

When we got around to emptying out all the rubbish that was in it we quickly found out it was faded and thread bare in some areas.

Never mind said the wife were put a few coloured throws on and that will be sorted .
At least she said the front cab seats will be in good condition because they had protective covers.

How wrong was she Both seats were threadbare and very very faded..

We decided we may have to do something ..

these are the seats ect before..

there were some curtains that were some sort of yellow. I guess in the day back in the year 2003 this would have been the top of fashion.

IMG_0088.jpegIMG_0089.jpegIMG_0093.jpegIMG_0092.jpegIMG_0090.jpeg

we decided to renew the interior.

We bought some again quality heavy duty upholstery material two types and set to removing one seat at a time
stripping of the outer material and seeing how it was put together.
we sewed a few panels together tested then removed then adjusted them again trying them until they fitted .

we did this with the whole of the interior but could not get a front seat right.
So thing about the amount of material we started to waste we would not have enough to complete the two front seats.

so we had to find a car seat trimmer and paid a lot out to have the front seats recovered.

even after this lot as below we still hade a few curtains to make..

IMG_0004 2.jpegIMG_0091.jpegIMG_0220.jpegIMG_0219.jpegIMG_0216.jpegIMG_0215.jpegIMG_0214.jpegIMG_0208.jpegIMG_0209.jpeg

we made and fitted the curtains
and all lined so the outside looked different Having said all this I am the main one doing all the sewing on my trusty old Singer treadle sewing machine..

with the interior coming together there was still a mountain of other jobs to do and the list was growing by the day

IMG_0241.jpegIMG_0240.jpegIMG_0239.jpegIMG_0229.jpegIMG_0226.jpegIMG_0225.jpegIMG_0224.jpeg

the cupboard doors were all scratched around the handles.

So Again the auction site thing and found some stainless steel thin plates at the size i was looking for

so removing the handles and marking the holes on the steel plates i drilled the holes slightly bent the plates to suit the cupboard doors stuck them on with a double sided tape just to hold them in position then re fitted the handles/
i did all the draws and doors that had that type of handle
another easy job done.

IMG_0095.jpegIMG_0096.jpegIMG_0097.jpeg

Done a hell of a lot of work, one thing i see requires att is the chassis, a spot of light shot blasting may be the cure before a good coating of paint.chassis.jpg

All the front end was wire brushed with a drill attachment and everything else has had two coats of waxoil .
So it’s never got any worse since and goes right through the mot .

And there are a few more images to come .
Never took photos of everything.

As for rust I will show you the funny bit in the next post

Looking at the hab door it looks warped or is that a trick of the light, you can buy new/used one from places lie O'Learys or Magnums.

You're doing a cracking job, your skills will be mounting up, what will you do with all that spare time once it's done? start another?

Ok the door has a ripple in it and this is the reason.

The outer skin of the door is a form of plastic and is glued to a foam core.

Then there is an alloy trim that goes all around the door .

As the heat outside rose the door did expand slightly and so did the plastic skin.
The door and frame then shrunk back as it cooled off . The door skin slid across the foam and was unable to shrink back due to the frame around the door pinching the skin.

Eventually the door skin buckled and the adhesive became stiffer after being sticky in the heat.

I have tried to find a door there are lots that fit but none the same.
So we are not too bothered . It’s just one of those things that we’re at the bottom of the list.

Ok the door has a ripple in it and this is the reason.

The outer skin of the door is a form of plastic and is glued to a foam core.

Then there is an alloy trim that goes all around the door .

As the heat outside rose the door did expand slightly and so did the plastic skin.
The door and frame then shrunk back as it cooled off . The door skin slid across the foam and was unable to shrink back due to the frame around the door pinching the skin.

Eventually the door skin buckled and the adhesive became stiffer after being sticky in the heat.

I have tried to find a door there are lots that fit but none the same.
So we are not too bothered . It’s just one of those things that we’re at the bottom of the list.
That's a bugger, I don't suppose a heat gun and a bit of massage would help, although it would be better if you could get some hi temp glue in there too.

Tried all that in a garage .
Using heat and a press.
So the only solution is. Strip the door right down renew the skin patch up the foam and then get the door frame placed back over the door skin.
Sounds easy but too much for me to take on. So just living with it ..

Back