A long list

Yes I have had most of it to bits from fire to water heater everything gas electrics and 12 volt
However not much to do with the engine except for a service .

And a few mechanical bits that had to be replaced .

Yes I have had most of it to bits from fire to water heater everything gas electrics and 12 volt
However not much to do with the engine except for a service .

And a few mechanical bits that had to be replaced .
Hope with such low miles you won't need to do anything serious serviceing,belts,few bits of perrisd rubber perhaps.
Hope you get all the pleasure you deserve from it for many years

We have enjoyed it a fair bit but already a new fan belt and water pump. Seems even if you don’t do the miles .
It’s a case of either miles or years whatever comes first

Yes perished seals and bushes along with corrosion do march on even when vehicle stands still ! But even new vehicles have problems,and their depreciation alone should cover all your costs .

Did you find a good site for bits and pieces like the foldable tap etc. Also I'm looking for a water inletcover for my CI. Thanks

Did you find a good site for bits and pieces like the foldable tap etc. Also I'm looking for a water inletcover for my CI. Thanks
This type Ann?

I use a wide combination of sources for the Moho.

Caravan shops. EBay and Tool station. And car shops. Most of the time I try to avoid the word motorhome as the price seems to rise fast .

The mot cert said slight rust on the lower front cross member.

So i thought i had better take a look.

Painted black it looked ok to me but out with the screw driver and something did not feel right.
scraping a bit off i found some body filler. then a lump of glass fiber.

so the story is this someone fiberglassed the underside of the cross member the filled the ends so it ws smooth and painted it black.

i hit the underrside with a hammer and then spent the couple of hours washing out rust from my eyes.

Any we i started to remove it managed to get all the bolts out and braced myself for a weighty drop.
nope light as anything took it out laid it on the floor and this is what i got.

So Now fitted a new one and at the same time fitted a plastic underside engine protector.

so jobs a gooden as they say.

IMG_0325.jpegIMG_0326.jpegIMG_0327.jpegIMG_0328.jpegIMG_0151.JPG

Then i got onto changing the shock absorbers and found a spot of rust and delt with it .

Been ALL over it since than and found a few little bits or rust cut then right out and welded new steel in .
But always cut out a lot more than youncan see just in case.

the last image shows the rubbish that was pushed into the rust area so as to hide it..

IMG_0206.jpegIMG_0236.jpegIMG_0237.jpegIMG_0238.jpegIMG_0232.JPG

Last edited:
another really daft bit that need doing was the break disk springs one was missing the other a bit corroded
still fitted new break pads and springs
then noticed i forgot to slip in the break wear sensors but lucky for me they were easy to slip in.

IMG_0246.jpegIMG_0247.jpegIMG_0244.jpegIMG_0138.JPG

The previous owner must have been a complete moron, I hope this van was really cheap.

there are a few more images but I never kept taking photos of everything.
Fitted batteries new engine battery and the start of the two new habitation batteries.

IMG_0134.JPGIMG_0106.jpeg

The rear brake light high at the rear of the van was very dim.
took it off took it apart and found there were a row of very small light bulbs some were not working .
My solution was tear the inside out and then put in a small section of a 12 flexible led light.
glued in so i could change it if i had to .
tested worked ok so wired in and put back on . an easy and cheap solution and saved buying a new fitting.

IMG_0099.jpeg

A ready made rubber mat bought from the well known auction site made the cab look nice and tidy a lot better tahn the i dont know what floor that was there.

IMG_0221.jpeg

The various work shows that it is not always a great advantage to have a low mileage motorhome!
Got more work to do there than I would have expected to see, that's for sure.

Back