A lovely way to spend a Thursday night.

Oh dear I share your pain, hope you are OK. That's identical to an injury I did 2 years ago (dropped a pane of glass down my shin). If its any consolation mine healed up really well, unfortunately I can't dance, but then again I couldn't before it happened

Wully, I have started to dismantle the dilapidated part of my old man cave, opposite the hot tub room, I was removing ( ditto as the Undertaker) the large 5mm thick large pane, which split in my hands, with one part catching the lower part of my leg, blood was pishing every where!!!

I could not see how bad it was due the amount of blood, fortunately the camper was open, I grabbed a towel to stem the flow of blood, and only then could I see how deep the wound was. Some DIY first aid, then of I went to the RIE, where I was eventually left in the very capable hands of the lovely Beth. My diy dressing removed, another put back on (still bleeding) then off to x-ray to check no glass within the open wound, all good and back to the lovely Beth, who did a grande job doing the nine sutures, I've never had this done before, those doing the job are like a good welder, good hand and eye co-ordination required.

Been a long day, time for some shut eye..............cheers.

IMG_6959.jpgIMG_6960.jpg

Nasty Terry, it could have been much worse, I hope it heals quickly.

Sore yin. You have done more damage since you retired than you did in 40 years of graft. That’s gonna be sore for a few days.

Sore yin. You have done more damage since you retired than you did in 40 years of graft. That’s gonna be sore for a few days.
Actually, it’s not sore, but that could be due to gangrene setting in?

Those 40+ year of dodging a bullet is due to me doing heeehaaaw 😂

You'll be amazed at at how quickly shinjuries can heal.
I did one, exactly the same, while carrying 2 shelves.
I ignored the Mrs, ( Something I rarely do, but was on active service).
Being an hard as nails Tyke,
I bunged some ethyl alcohol on it, folded the flap back up and applied a sterile pad on it. .
Wearing shorts, I was given tea and sympathy for about a month afterwards.
Hope your tea and sympathy lasts as long.
Don't forget to limp and groan, quietly

Hope your tea and sympathy lasts as long.
Don't forget to limp and groan, quietly
Like my leg, I’m dragging this out 😂

I was ordered to go to A&E, on any evening this A&E is like a zoo, not a nice place to be, I wanted to heat a spoon on gas ring to red hot, then coteries with the red hot spoon, but I couldn’t find a stick to bite on, the RIE it had to be.

The diy method always works with the cowboy movies 🫢

Lucky you didn’t brand yourself, some body might have rustled you. I think some of my ancestors on my fathers side might have been border rustlers on the Scottish/English border.

Davy

Lucky you didn’t brand yourself, some body might have rustled you. I think some of my ancestors on my fathers side might have been border rustlers on the Scottish/English border.

Davy
I'd rather be rustled than hustled 😄 My Da's side, RoI have a connection with the MacDonalds of Glencoe, as after the massacre, those who survived/escaped, fled over the water.

Aint history fascinating.

My son did very similar tidying up his huge glasshouse in Guernsey. Looked absolutely awful (especially as I can’t stand the sight of blood, thanks for posting those pictures!! ). A & E fixed it for him and I was surprised at how quickly it healed. Hope yours heals just as quickly and painlessly.

Back