A lovely way to spend a Thursday night.

Hope you got a good night's sleep Terry, that's the time healing is done.

The body healing itself is one of the many miracles of life.

Over 60 years ago I still remember our family GP, Dr McArthur, saying "When we sweat, water pours out of our body. Yet when it rains, water doesn't flood back in again. Why John?"

I don't think I ever fully understood the answer, except to guess it's some kind of molecular trap door system.

Over 60 years ago I still remember our family GP, Dr McArthur, saying "When we sweat, water pours out of our body. Yet when it rains, water doesn't flood back in again. Why John?"

I don't think I ever fully understood the answer, except to guess it's some kind of molecular trap door system.
If you were to stand in the rain long enough (nekkid) the water would go into your skin, same as staying in a bath too long, you go wrinkly on your hands and feet, the rest of the body takes much longer due to oils in the skin.

Or our skin acts like a non return valve 🫢

Join the club lol !
Mine was a mishap with my petrol hedge trimmer a month ago. Normally wear my chainsaw trousers but being lazy couldn’t be bothered to get them out of the workshop, will do next time. Ruined a good pair of trousers into the bargain. Fortunately not to deep just needed them thin sticky plasters they use to hold it together and a tetanus in the but cheek. The pale long scar is from my replacement knee op.IMG_1610.jpeg

Join the club lol !
Mine was a mishap with my petrol hedge trimmer a month ago. Normally wear my chainsaw trousers but being lazy couldn’t be bothered to get them out of the workshop, will do next time. Ruined a good pair of trousers into the bargain. Fortunately not to deep just needed them thin sticky plasters they use to hold it together and a tetanus in the but cheek. The pale long scar is from my replacement knee op.View attachment 73897
Bea has a similar long scar from her knee replacement, a good job done.

I was tested by nurse taking a tiny sample of blood and this was added to what can best be described as the self test covid test kit, one line fine, two lines covid +. Test result was fine, no tetanus required, or antibiotics, unless I feel I require the latter. So far so good 👍

Because of past injuries and tetanus injections for various travelling, my doctor has told me that I may now consider myself 'tetanus-ed' for life. Let's hope he's right. 😳

Because of past injuries and tetanus injections for various travelling, my doctor has told me that I may now consider myself 'tetanus-ed' for life. Let's hope he's right. 😳
Tetanus was a very common problem in South Africa and every cut (however minor) involved an automatic Tetanus jab at the First Aid Centre on the Sasol 2 Oil Refinery. My record is 3 jabs in one week. :giggle:

I'd rather be rustled than hustled 😄 My Da's side, RoI have a connection with the MacDonalds of Glencoe, as after the massacre, those who survived/escaped, fled over the water.

Aint history fascinating.

the folk song about the massacre at glencoe...sung by the Corries.....tells the story......utube..its beautifully but haunting at the same time..

Last edited:
Back in again this morning, Fri, Sat, and this morning, blood swilling around, and creeping under the plaster. Medical glue stuff now added, I hope this stops the bleed?

Don't get too close when sniffing the glue it's carcinogenic.

the folk song about the massacre at glencoe...sung by the Corries.....tells the story......utube..its beautifully but haunting at the same time..
I shall check it out on youtube, Trxie, thanks.

Would be easy to spot the raggie with my blood, he’d be wearing a tartan Shamagh 😂

Sorry to hear of your injury Terry. I know you are in good hands as the RIE looked after my mum in her final days.
My girlfriend recently had a cut on her back that needed to be stitched at Angoulême hospital. Rather than asking her to go back to check on progress, they arranged for a nurse to visit her at home for the next 10 days.
The first thing the next day involved a trip to the pharmacy to pick up a boot as she had also broken a toe, and a box containing everything the nurse would need for the daily visits.
I have been impressed by the standard of care here in France. When her treatment in the emergency room was complete, I went get my van and returned to find that the doctor had wheeled her out in a wheelchair and was waiting with her.

Back