A lovely way to spend a Thursday night.

Sorry to hear of your injury Terry. I know you are in good hands as the RIE looked after my mum in her final days.
My girlfriend recently had a cut on her back that needed to be stitched at Angoulême hospital. Rather than asking her to go back to check on progress, they arranged for a nurse to visit her at home for the next 10 days.
The first thing the next day involved a trip to the pharmacy to pick up a boot as she had also broken a toe, and a box containing everything the nurse would need for the daily visits.
I have been impressed by the standard of care here in France. When her treatment in the emergency room was complete, I went get my van and returned to find that the doctor had wheeled her out in a wheelchair and was waiting with her.
Hi Paul, that was a grim time for you back then, a terrible start to a new year for you. Thankfully we are not far from the RIE, and with you having your tow car, made it easier for you to go back and forth from ours to the RIE.

Yes, the health system, while not perfect in France, is far better than here in Scotland, as I type, Beas mums is awaiting for her op within Poitiers hospital. The following was organised by her health board and FOC, a taxi from her village to Poitiers, all being well her dismissal from hospital will see her returned to her home by taxi again. A return taxi trip from the village to Poitiers train station would cost last year €200.

Yesterday 25th in the queue trying to get through to GP surgery to cancel my appointment for today. Being 25th, a long wait was pending for me, so I jumped in the car for the at least half hour round trip to cancel todays appointment, I could have just not turned up, but would have been wrong of me.

So a case of chalk and cheese between two care systems

Hope you are well, Paul.

Our kids still talk about the few years we lived in France. What they remember most, strangely, is that nearly all their medical pills had to be taken via the backside!!!
Tony, was it your kids who coined the phrase “bottoms up” 🫢😀

Wully, I have started to dismantle the dilapidated part of my old man cave, opposite the hot tub room, I was removing ( ditto as the Undertaker) the large 5mm thick large pane, which split in my hands, with one part catching the lower part of my leg, blood was pishing every where!!!

I could not see how bad it was due the amount of blood, fortunately the camper was open, I grabbed a towel to stem the flow of blood, and only then could I see how deep the wound was. Some DIY first aid, then of I went to the RIE, where I was eventually left in the very capable hands of the lovely Beth. My diy dressing removed, another put back on (still bleeding) then off to x-ray to check no glass within the open wound, all good and back to the lovely Beth, who did a grande job doing the nine sutures, I've never had this done before, those doing the job are like a good welder, good hand and eye co-ordination required.

Been a long day, time for some shut eye..............cheers.

View attachment 73891View attachment 73892
The person who ordered our X-ray should be told that glass does not show on standard x-ray

The person who ordered our X-ray should be told that glass does not show on standard x-ray
I’m sure those I was triaged to would know this and a suitable x-ray method for my type of wound was was applied prior to wound being thoroughly rinsed with sterile surgical fluid, then skin folded back in place then stitched up.

I left the dressing off last night, and over night to allow the air to get around the wound. Docs tomorrow with a view to have stitches removed, hmmmmmmm, it don’t look bonnie, don’t know what will happen tomorrow???
IMG_6987.jpeg

I broke a fingernail recently Terry but I didn't put it out there on the tinterweb. I just soldiered on. :confused:
Its all about elf & safety Jim, be careful while moving large panes of glass, plus I'm having to take it easy and I am bored to death!!

And I wont make this years great northern run :cry:

Terry that doesn’t look good mate I’d try and get some antibiotics quick definitely infected. But until you get to the hospital try rubbing some salt and vinegar on it but I’d give it a clean with a wire brush first😜

Get that looked at big man.

Terry that doesn’t look good mate I’d try and get some antibiotics quick definitely infected. But until you get to the hospital try rubbing some salt and vinegar on it but I’d give it a clean with a wire brush first😜

Get that looked at big man.
Wully, I’m typing this reply from hell, you are a tad late with your advice 😈😂

Almost certainly there is. It almost looks like a wound on a diabetic person.
I’m not diabetic, swab taken and sent to lab for analysis. It’s the legshrooms that are weird 🫣

Back