Adding extra lpg bottle.

My plan was always to fill up as soon as bottle one emptied which normally gave us 2-3 days

Have you actually had problems filling your lpg anywhere? I ask as I see bits on Facebook but have never yet had problems myself. As for less places there are now more different sources starting to come in, dealers, hire company’s stuff like that.
Filling local is OK. m6 corley services or Morrisons cov.

A lot depends on the size of your locker, or locker door 2 x 6kg in this thing max, how stupid is that 2 x 11 ought to be the norm, cheaper too.

I couldn't possibly comment Steve (kin tight arse) We try to be as frugal as possible as it all has to come from somewhere, and it has a cost to the planet, I am increasingley aware of my carbon footprint these days, I am aware that I am polluting with the van and the car but we have to have a holiday nw and then and we need to go shopping.

I couldn't possibly comment Steve (kin tight arse) We try to be as frugal as possible as it all has to come from somewhere, and it has a cost to the planet, I am increasingley aware of my carbon footprint these days, I am aware that I am polluting with the van and the car but we have to have a holiday nw a nd then and we need to go shopping.
We're much the same, Kev, except that we are beyond frugal with the heating; the car is used only for shopping [661 miles over the last year], and the inverter will help reduce the lpg usage in Brunhilde. Of course, when [if?] we clear off to Spain, the diesel bill will rise, as will the carbon footprint, although there will be a more than compensating saving on energy usage in the flat

Steve

How do you all manage without a couple of months supply of gas on tap lol

We use about 1 to 2, litres a day in winter that would be more .
With heating on longer nights in van.
I just dislike hunting for gas so more on board would great last time we did nc500 lpg wS like rocking horse shite.

I understand the wish/need for more capacity.
Especially in winter
BTW I feed my rocking horse curry so ........
We plan not to do winter !
But in 2021we were still camping in October and November.
(Thailand was still closed.)
We were good in that.
1 a cheap campsite.
2 EHU also very cheap.
We normally do not use EHU !
Our summer usage is 1 litre a day.
So an 11 kg tank does 20 days. We then swap and look to top up after 1 week.
But we are wary and check availability.

Last edited:
We use fill lpg, the calor website and autogas app, never had a problem, I do believe there was an issue last year when demand outstripped supply but they got more cylinders made and caught up so it should be sorted now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back