Adventureb4Dementia3

Is it really Tuesday already? Where does the time go. I didn’t type owt Sunday as I had no signal at Morella, yesterday was pretty much a full days drive, cook dinner, watch Saturday’s MOTD, then over to V n R’s for a natter. Then the day was gone.
Morella Sunday afternoon, I stopped there last year. They enjoyed Besalu so much, another fortified town seemed the best thing to show them. Odd thing there. No signal whatsoever, Sunday night, 4 bar 4g signal Monday morning.
We had intended to stop at the Aire outside Denia, no 84 in the book. Road side parking. We didn’t fancy it, so a look on P4N found this spot. A cove at the bottom of a hill ( hill ? Mini mountain) at Casa Fanadix. Parked up in what is probably a car park outside a closed restaurant. Lovely spot, metres from the Med. Although it’s something like 50 metres above it. Steep hill down to a small beach. Ok for panel vans, you wouldn’t want to bring a coach built down here. Yup, it’s that steep.
Off to Cartagena today.

We are at Vera. First pay for site. Apparently people need to do washing. Don’t understand why myself. Takes all sorts.
We also used the toll road for the first time. €10.90 seemed a lot until you add in the saving of 40 odd miles and about an hour. Toll was a little over 100 kms . Not using it was 160kms. Swings and roundabouts.
This site is okay, nowt special, try the bar later. Not decided where we’ll go onto tomorrow yet. Trying not to get too near Jeff. You know how he lowers the tone of the neighbourhood 😝 Plenty of other places to be.
We’re aiming to be in Silves in a week or so

We stopped at Vera about 3 years ago . Reasonable bar and free WiFi but not much else to say about it.

There are washing machines outside quite a few supermarkets which we just chuck our stuff into and go and shop or have coffee! No need for expensive sites and then their laundry prices on top..,

We stopped at Vera about 3 years ago . Reasonable bar and free WiFi but not much else to say about it.

There are washing machines outside quite a few supermarkets which we just chuck our stuff into and go and shop or have coffee! No need for expensive sites and then their laundry prices on top..,
I used one of these last year in Portugal. They provide detergent as part of the wash cycle. The one I used, either didn’t rinse properly, or more likely the detergent affected my delicate 🙄 skin type. Jumping into bed , with the knowledge that you’re going to have the pleasure of clean sheets, only to itch all night, Bio for the loo, non bio for washing😬
We still have to decide where we’re going today. Wherever we go, it will be west

R&V decided on Motril. All I can say is, if this is the quality of site they pick randomly*, then from now on, they can lead the way.
This place is great. An off road car park, beach side under palm trees. Couldn’t be better. There’s a few Brits here, not MH members, we can’t all be perfect, who’ve been here a few days, without being bothered by the old bill. If we’re left alone by same, I reckon we’ll have a few days here. TBH, it’s the first place this trip I’ve wanted to stop over more than one night.
*Calle Rector Lorenzo, Morillis Cuevas 18613. Motril.

To be honest. Can’t see us moving on for a while. This place is idyllic. Being really picky, a bit of road noise. And that’s nothing to worry too much about. Cockerels and dogs barking would be much worse. Luvin it init 👍🤪😉😬

Friday, VnR treated me to dinner in a local restaurant. Thank you very much, most appreciated. It was the first time any of us had to cook our own dinner in a restaurant. Novel experience, but then again, that’s what this retirement lark is all about. New experiences. One experience It was also the first time I’ve celebrated our anniversary alone. That felt odd. Then again, we’re both doing what we enjoy. And although apart, we’re still very much together.
Yesterday started off like most of these Van days. Bit of breakfast, wash, tidy. Mooch down for a coffee and a bit of shopping . The afternoon saw it go steadily down hill. A few beers outside the van’s, progressed to a few bottles of brandy and whiskey in the van. Music videos, banter and the like, will be linked to a few thick heads today 😳🥺

Friday, VnR treated me to dinner in a local restaurant. Thank you very much, most appreciated. It was the first time any of us had to cook our own dinner in a restaurant. Novel experience, but then again, that’s what this retirement lark is all about. New experiences. One experience It was also the first time I’ve celebrated our anniversary alone. That felt odd. Then again, we’re both doing what we enjoy. And although apart, we’re still very much together.
Yesterday started off like most of these Van days. Bit of breakfast, wash, tidy. Mooch down for a coffee and a bit of shopping . The afternoon saw it go steadily down hill. A few beers outside the van’s, progressed to a few bottles of brandy and whiskey in the van. Music videos, banter and the like, will be linked to a few thick heads today 😳🥺
All part of the adventure Derek , great to see you are all enjoying the break

Left Motril this morning😢.Sad to leave tbh. It will be a place I return to.
At Tarifa now. Really not too sure about it. Lovely beach for sure. My sand castle days are way beyond me now. Sea's a bit rough for a paddle. And now of course being west of Gib, on the Atlantic coast, windy. As it's an ill wind and all that, Tarifa is a Mecca for wind surfers. Not sure what else to say about it.

Left Motril this morning😢.Sad to leave tbh. It will be a place I return to.
At Tarifa now. Really not too sure about it. Lovely beach for sure. My sand castle days are way beyond me now. Sea's a bit rough for a paddle. And now of course being west of Gib, on the Atlantic coast, windy. As it's an ill wind and all that, Tarifa is a Mecca for wind surfers. Not sure what else to say about it.
I thought the Mecca was where you went to play bingo.🤔

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back