Adventureb4Dementia3

My luck with officialdom continues. 8am this morning, bang on the door. ā€œ It is forbidden to park here overnight.ā€ Details taken, reckon Iā€™ll have a present waiting for me when I get home. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Honestly, if I was a crook, Iā€™d be the most unsuccessful one in history. I joke that Iā€™m the only one who gets stopped leaving the country. Happened again this trip.

My luck with officialdom continues. 8am this morning, bang on the door. ā€œ It is forbidden to park here overnight.ā€ Details taken, reckon Iā€™ll have a present waiting for me when I get home. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Honestly, if I was a crook, Iā€™d be the most unsuccessful one in history. I joke that Iā€™m the only one who gets stopped leaving the country. Happened again this trip.

Was that at the large area back of beach at Tarifa?

Was that at the large area back of beach at Tarifa?
No. This was the beach side area, day parking only. Tbh, I think we were just unlucky. It seems checks are made 2 or 3 a year. Wrong place, wrong time. If I get home to a fine, Iā€™ll pay it and move on.

Left Tarifa for Rota. Only one night here. The Aire is pretty good to be fair, and can be very popular. It didnā€™t suit our current plan.
We both needed fuel and lpg. Looking on myLPG.eu, we found a site within 5kms of the Aire. We then spent an hour and a half happily going around in circles following the directions on google maps. Within minutes of putting another site into google maps, we past the first one, miles from the centre of Rota indicated.
Seville. Beautiful city without doubt. Fine buildings and public art. My travelling companions loved it. This miserable sod was of the opinion that it was nice, okay, nowt wrong with it. But itā€™s a city. Culture. Not my cup of Sherry. London boy, saw enough of cities as a kid to last a lifetime.
Yesterday we arrived a few miles out of Seville in a small town of Umbrete. A new Aire, not yet in the Aires book. Next to a sports centre, where a day pass is available for showers, pool, spa and a gym . A great place for a night. There maybe buses into Seville from here. Something that maybe worth checking out.

Left Motril this morningšŸ˜¢.Sad to leave tbh. It will be a place I return to.
At Tarifa now. Really not too sure about it. Lovely beach for sure. My sand castle days are way beyond me now. Sea's a bit rough for a paddle. And now of course being west of Gib, on the Atlantic coast, windy. As it's an ill wind and all that, Tarifa is a Mecca for wind surfers. Not sure what else to say about it.
Has the dubious reputation of being the suicide capital of Europe, itā€™s the wind that pushes people over the top Iā€™ve heard!!!šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

Left Tarifa for Rota. Only one night here. The Aire is pretty good to be fair, and can be very popular. It didnā€™t suit our current plan.
We both needed fuel and lpg. Looking on myLPG.eu, we found a site within 5kms of the Aire. We then spent an hour and a half happily going around in circles following the directions on google maps. Within minutes of putting another site into google maps, we past the first one, miles from the centre of Rota indicated.
Seville. Beautiful city without doubt. Fine buildings and public art. My travelling companions loved it. This miserable sod was of the opinion that it was nice, okay, nowt wrong with it. But itā€™s a city. Culture. Not my cup of Sherry. London boy, saw enough of cities as a kid to last a lifetime.
Yesterday we arrived a few miles out of Seville in a small town of Umbrete. A new Aire, not yet in the Aires book. Next to a sports centre, where a day pass is available for showers, pool, spa and a gym . A great place for a night. There maybe buses into Seville from here. Something that maybe worth checking out.

We felt really safe at Seville and eating out seemed reasonable.

Co-ords for Aire please as we could be there in April!!!šŸ‘

We felt really safe at Seville and eating out seemed reasonable.

Co-ords for Aire please as we could be there in April!!!šŸ‘
Where we stopped wasnā€™t an Aire. We parked on the road that surrounded the open air market. It seemed safe enough. Safe enough for us to leave the vans while we walked the city.
Point to note. While we were there they were fixing up the area, prior to reopening. It could be the best idea would be to arrange your visit when the market was closed. Donā€™t quote me, but there maybe alternative places.

Where we stopped wasnā€™t an Aire. We parked on the road that surrounded the open air market. It seemed safe enough. Safe enough for us to leave the vans while we walked the city.
Point to note. While we were there they were fixing up the area, prior to reopening. It could be the best idea would be to arrange your visit when the market was closed. Donā€™t quote me, but there maybe alternative places.
Umbrete I meant!

Umbrete I meant!
Ah! The Aire is behind the new sports stadium, swimming pool complex. Leave the autoroute j 14 and follow that road until you begin to see the Aire signs. Thatā€™s the one showing a camper dropping all itā€™s insides all over the road. This is a tidy village, nice quiet Aire with not much else going for it. If you want quiet. This place has it.
It would be nice if there was a bus into Seville. Maybe there is. Iā€™ve no idea šŸ˜¬

Saturday saw us at Palos De La Frontera. We will Romberg this place for two things.
One, the full size replicas of Christopher Columbusā€™s three ships. Very interesting.
Two, being eastern alive by the mozzies. Not so nice. Throw in the first Spanish yobs weā€™ve encountered this trip, and that will give you an idea why we moved on today.
Now on the dunes at Mazagon. Weā€™ll see how this one turns out.šŸ˜¬

Arenā€™t lazy daze great. So far itā€™s taken me nearly all day to do absolutely nothing. Exhausting init.
Still on the beach at Mazagon.
Getting bitten. Not sure if itā€™s sand flies for where we are, or mozzies we brought with us from the other place.
Defence strategies and/or anti itch remedies would be appreciated šŸ˜¤šŸ˜³

It's a bit hot today, sat in the shade looking out to sea at Punta Umbria just along the coast about 10 miles.
As you say it's a difficult life but someone has to do it.
Keep calm and keep cool.

We are also just sat about as it is far too hot to do anything , we was going to move and fill up with water , but we had enough for a shower and still quarter of a tank left , so chairs out and a bottle of red is the plan

Reactions: Lee
We are in a similar postion, we will have to venture out tomorrow for water and supplies or may be later when it cools off.

, so chairs out and a bottle of red is the plan
I can understand the chairs. But what on earth has that got to do with a bottle of ketchup.
I looked up karma sutra online, and can find no reference to ketchup. Clearly there is a gap in my education šŸ˜”

................Getting bitten......................defence strategies and/or anti itch remedies would be appreciated šŸ˜¤šŸ˜³

Get yourself back here in Hertfordshire.
No mozzies whatsoever - it certainly has some advantages over Spain

Colin :):):)

Arenā€™t lazy daze great. So far itā€™s taken me nearly all day to do absolutely nothing. Exhausting init.
Getting bitten. Not sure if itā€™s sand flies for where we are, or mozzies we brought with us from the other place.
We got a special collar for our Golden Retriever to protect against sand flies.šŸ˜„

Vinegar Del, will even take the sting out of sunburn. šŸ‘

Vinegar Del, will even take the sting out of sunburn. šŸ‘
Reg tried that. You should have heard him scream šŸ˜±
Only kidding, honest. Or maybe not šŸ˜š

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back