Air Assist - gauges ....

So this is the gauge set
1622464622898.png
(the hole in the middle is where the switch will go. Easier to wire it up and then push it in place).

Need room at the back for 4 thin air hoses to come out, which will have minimal bending available to avoid kinking.
Looked at the little cubby in the dash which would be the most handy. But it will also be the longest run of pipework for the airbags and compressor and the most awkward to install I suspect.
Looked at an area behind the drivers seat. That could be ok, but it would't be the easiest to get to I think either to make adjustments.
Offered up the gauge set at a few other places ... thing is it is not the most attractive of mounts and is hardly something you really would want that visible. At the dash is probably best IF you have it 'on show' but how often would you make adjustments which means you want to within reach of the driver?

And bearing in mind these comments ...
Mine are in the garage, (no compressor) I don't really adjust them other than topping up one that must have a very small leak......
i only have bellows on the rear suspension the twin gauges fit in a convenient recess just inside a rear locker ....
where the gauges are not even in the cab/living area at all, confirms to me that it is something you setup and then tend to leave alone (unless you have a leak ;) )
I am thinking one place I looked at might be the winner, winner, chicken dinner?

Under the sink!
Access door to sink closed
1622465299099.png

Door dropped down
1622465364546.png

So not on show; easily accessible to make adjustments, taking up space that is otherwise wasted (I think!?) - so maybe even more handy than in locker?, and pipework easily routed and just about as short as possible as this is right above the rear wheels.
Seems this is the place to use

I have found it handy a few times to lift up from drivers seat, one was the steep incline to the car park at St Mary’s Loch. Charlie couldn’t get down at all but I just turned compressor on and sailed down (and back up). Other times in bumpy fields.

All that said I doubt it’s more than a handful of times a year. Don’t forget a lot of folks don’t have the compressor so would need to connect a pump to adjust as well

I have found it handy a few times to lift up from drivers seat, one was the steep incline to the car park at St Mary’s Loch. Charlie couldn’t get down at all but I just turned compressor on and sailed down (and back up). Other times in bumpy fields.

All that said I doubt it’s more than a handful of times a year. Don’t forget a lot of folks don’t have the compressor so would need to connect a pump to adjust as well
yup, I can see it could be handy for sure, but decided the installation complexity at the front outweighs the occasional benefit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back