Almost reached Spain, the Rain has stopped and we have Solar Power!

Think he is lost never heard him so quiet 😀😀😀😀😀😀oi you ok stevie boy!
Fine, thanks Gordon. Combination of data roaming restrictions and trying to get the Solar to match the power needs has kept me occupied. Bought a room stat Sensor (for the spares box) in Benicarlo today en route to Moncofa. £30.27 for genuine Trauma part (heater gave 'unspecified error caused by exceeded parameter' message and Truma Control Panel started flashing but it appears to have 'self healed'; until the next time ...

Steve

Moncofa, Chris. I don't post many pics, and most of the time has been spent driving, swearing at the Solar, or emptying the cassette, none of which make great photos ...

Steve
Swearing at the solar, blasphemy, think yourself lucky you've got sun.
Rant over, have a great time and Happy Christmas. 🎄 🍷🥳

Steve - do you have any destination in mind for the Xmas period?

Looking on Google Earth your quite close to the East Coast then 👍
We are about 300m from the beach as the crow flies, but with a wee dog leg path through some new housing. Managed to get to the sea last night before retiring for the evening ... Play de Moncofa is the nearest but there is a large nature reserve to walk to with hoopoes and other bird life

Quite a lot of new housing compared with our last visit in 2022. Nobody seems interested in the previous, now abandoned, new housing starts that are being reclaimed by Nature!

Steve

we go further south near Malaga to get the benefit of the sun only 50m from the beach :cool:we would stayed here for years but not. cheyenne

Screenshot 2023-12-21 130117.pngDSC01945.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Swearing at the solar, blasphemy, think yourself lucky you've got sun.
Rant over, have a great time and Happy Christmas. 🎄 🍷🥳
And to you and yours, Lee. Swearing at inanimate objects is futile (but not as in, 'my roof needs some repairs'), but makes me feel better in the short term ... Being back in Moncofa has a certain comfort, and it's my fault for underestimating the Solar energy during the short days ... Today has been exceptionally good and the 180w Panel churned out 490Wh with a peak 93w rate. Not bad for the shortest day of the year 👍

Probably moving to a site for Xmas & New Year, so EHU for battery recharge and access to washing machine before the wind changes direction ...

Steve

Let us know where you end up for Xmas Steve (y)

Just us 2 for Xmas this year thanks mate. Our lad is having his first Xmas with his girlfriend. He's coming down on the 27th for the night. Nowt else planned but away to Spain starting on the 6th Jan.

I'll try and keep abreast of where you are Steve and you never know our paths might cross on this trip. Our trip this year is Burgos - Madrid - Gibraltar - Cadiz - Calpe - Benicassim.

Just us 2 for Xmas this year thanks mate. Our lad is having his first Xmas with his girlfriend. He's coming down on the 27th for the night. Nowt else planned but away to Spain starting on the 6th Jan.

I'll try and keep abreast of where you are Steve and you never know our paths might cross on this trip. Our trip this year is Burgos - Madrid - Gibraltar - Cadiz - Calpe - Benicassim.
Drove past Bennicassim on the way to Moncofa, Graham, having stopped off at Autocaravanas Tambo in Benicarlo to buy the Room Temperature Sensor

All being well, we will cope with the lunacy that is Aviva by returning to Scotland by 5th Feb, taking 2-3 weeks to recover, and then starting a second 60 day trip to Spain to maintain the Home Insurance Unoccupancy Cover. Think Aviva must be sponsored by UK Government to restrict Freedom of Movement still further ...

Steve

Steve, any plans for a stop off at your hovel in France? BTW, and just crossed my mind, how does it work with you not residing in the hovel for a good while, compared to UK insurance?

Drove past Bennicassim on the way to Moncofa, Graham, having stopped off at Autocaravanas Tambo in Benicarlo to buy the Room Temperature Sensor

All being well, we will cope with the lunacy that is Aviva by returning to Scotland by 5th Feb, taking 2-3 weeks to recover, and then starting a second 60 day trip to Spain to maintain the Home Insurance Unoccupancy Cover. Think Aviva must be sponsored by UK Government to restrict Freedom of Movement still further ...

Steve
Have you stayed at the site in Moncofa before Steve? I'd be interested in hearing a report about it as some stage if you could?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back