Another Pair of Newbies

What ho Steve!

Fancy seeing you here :)

Hi and welcome from County Durham

Argh, he's followed me.
Rubbish, Kev, you're getting paranoid :D I made my own way here, like the big boy that I am now!

I stumbled across this Forum when searching for information on the AMT 12 Battery Relay set up options. The search produced a Thread that David of Wildebus had started, and/or contributed to, so I read it from start to finish and a] decided to join the Forum; and b] decided to get the AMT 12 fitted plus a couple of other improvements]. And the rest, as the saying has it, is history ... :D

I now have a Leisure Battery that has stayed at 13.27v for 48 hours, despite getting no Solar input at all yesterday, whilst also providing an almost constant pulse to the Starter Battery, using the Manual Switch 2 Option [13.14v yesterday morning]; and we have a brief period of sunshine this morning to top up the Leisure Battery [now sitting at 13.4v and rising ...]. This will avoid the need to trail extension leads across the footpath every 4 or 5 days to keep the Starter Battery healthy during the Scottish Winter, so I'm a Happy Chappie [for a change ...], and my subscription has more than paid for itself with the new set up!

Steve

All too complkatid for me Steve, I prefer the kiss principle as in give us a ****

All too complkatid for me Steve, I prefer the kiss principle as in give us a ****
Kev,

You're talking to the man who was told by his Physics Teacher 55 years ago not to take the subject at O Level, because I'd be wasting the Examiner's time [his exact words!]; so I took Ancient Greek instead, and now I can read the labels in Lidl :D

Prior to having the AMT12 fitted, I was taking Brunhilde for a 25 miles drive about 3 times per fortnight to keep the start battery topped up, and using almost a gallon of diesel on each trip. The AMT 12 costs £65, so, it pays for itself in about 7 or 8 weeks. And I don't have the aggro of then trying to get my on street parking space back!

Steve

Last edited:
this starter battery flattening is not something I've ever suffered from over 12 different vans which were often parked for months with no movement or hook up, and some with no solar either.

this starter battery flattening is not something I've ever suffered from over 12 different vans which were often parked for months with no movement or hook up, and some with no solar either.
This is our first M/Home and the wiring per Burstner is a tad complex. In addition, the original Selling Dealer back in 2016 fitted a rear camera but cross wired the Live Feeds from the Pioneer and the camera, creating a backfeed that the ECU failure highlighted. It never became apparent during the Summer because the Solar was generating power galore, but, come the Winter ... The ATM 12 has a specific setting for 'high parasitic current' and I know from other Forums that it is the bane of everybody's life; perhaps your KISS approach worked! :D

Steve

Hmm!! I thought as much, met their type afore, fur coat n no knickers

Nah, it was very simple for Steve... He just paid me some money and passed me the odd screwdriver and spanner as I lay prostrate on his motorhome floor :)
In the interest of clarity, I should point out that Elaine was present during most of the 'operation' ... And it was so smooth, we're planning the next stage of 'idiot proofing' the system! This may involve negotiations with my trusting Bank Manager, aka grovelling :D

Steve

I would love to use pros all the time (Liz might object) but I usually know how to do stuff just the old body letting me down, I just took an hour to change four Halogen lamps for LEDs two nuts on each but had to rest after each one, I'd much prefer to pay someone but funds won't run to that unless it is something I don't know how to do.

I would love to use pros all the time (Liz might object) but I usually know how to do stuff just the old body letting me down, I just took an hour to change four Halogen lamps for LEDs two nuts on each but had to rest after each one, I'd much prefer to pay someone but funds won't run to that unless it is something I don't know how to do.
My technical expertise usually stops at opening the catch on my wallet and asking 'How much?'. I would love to have the expertise to do the work myself ... I have some decent tools, but they don't come with the supporting knowledge on how to use them ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back