Battery advice

When I ordered my new batteries from Alpha a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get 3 rather than 2 for the "better to match all batteries" principle even though I don't think I really needed the extra 100Ah. But the space was there and it never hurts to have more capacity.
But these were Lead-Carbon batteries. If I had gone for Lithium (original plan, but decided above budget), then I would have just gone for the two I think to save money and just get a third later on if needed.

Just a reminder on the Poweroads ... the Infinity can connected in Series OR Parallel, but for some reason, the Base can only be connected in Series, so for a 12V Bank, you can only ever use a single Poweroad Base Battery - so if anyone is thinking 'I might want to add more capacity later', they should get the Infinity model.

With lead acid it is recommended to replace as a pair / set.

Is the same true with LiFePO4 batteries or could one add an additional battery at a latter date?
This is after 10/11 months use, don’t think it would know battery’s were older if I added a third.

6FBA11AE-2856-491E-B325-45A585EE06C0.png

One LiFePO4 battery

That battery isn't available at that price, though.
I ordered one of the bluetooth 3 weeks ago and paid the price on the website with 5% discount. The discount code on this site is out of date. I was told that the delivery would be mid November but now I'm not holding my breath.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back