Beware TV DETECTOR VAN

As a Landlord of a house you (not the tenant) should be paying the tv licence. Thus no problem you are on holiday so your home licence can be used !
I ,Think. But someone will know.
Ps Ledbury is nice.
That’s not correct. We rent out a flat. The user of the TV, ie the tenant, is responsible for the TV licence. It states that clearly on the TV Licencing website.

There is no logic at all in this day and age behind a TV licence, except to fund a left wing, politically correct organisation, heavily into social engineering.
Imagine if the same logic was applied to newspapers, then one sees how ludicrous the idea is. The BNC (British Newspaper Corporation) produces a newspaper, which everyone must pay for by buying a newspaper licence. Whats more if you do not purchase the said newspaper licence, then you are not allowed to read any other newspaper at all.
The mind boggles.

That’s not correct. We rent out a flat. The user of the TV, ie the tenant, is responsible for the TV licence. It states that clearly on the TV Licencing website.
I looked this up this morning: If the Landlord provides the TV, he may be liable, (depends on contract) otherwise the tenant is.

How come the BBC along with ITV are starting a new "service" showing old series, £5.99 per month. Noy happy when i have already paid for said programmes.

How come the BBC along with ITV are starting a new "service" showing old series, £5.99 per month. Noy happy when i have already paid for said programmes.

More importantly, I am waiting to see if the bbc, itv and other contributing broadcasters remove programmes from the i player, itv hub etc forcing us to pay or do without. I know which I will do.

Davy

When you log on to iPlayer it asks if you have a TV licence, so it's clearly fine to watch it on your computer away from home?

The BBC is NOT an impartial news platform anyway! For years they have ripped off the British public with this government of the day backed stealth tax! Let them make their own revenue like any other business. You and I if we are self employed have to make our own living it's about time the BBC funded itself and trim itself if it needs to survive. I dont have a tv licence as I dont watch live tv , its streamed.

is it coincidence that almost the same amount of people that buy a license 94% think it’s poor value 93%
they should encode it and only people who want to watch it can not tax everyone

98A52952-B90A-4EA5-BE68-DB6D9827D586.jpeg

I was always in favour of the bbc, simply because it was advert free and produced some good comedy, and drama.
However the current trend in programmes like countryfile to make programmes which have subject items broken into three or more segments and then presented in small chunks (with recaps of what went before) alternating with other similarly butchered items is atrocious. There may as well be ad breaks since any continuity has gone out the window.
Is it fashion, or dumbing down. Don’t know and don’t care. I am not happy either with this inappropriate drive to spread diversity and correctness which the broadcasters and advertisers seem hell bent on. Have they been outside of London to see what the true make up of the country is? Virtue signalling at its worst.

Davy

Not surprising at all really. Although whether it is good value or poor value is really irrelevant, it is the principle of the thing. I subscribe to sky and anytime I like, if I consider that it is poor value, I can cancel my subscription. You do not have that option with the BBC as you have to pay the licence in order to be able to watch other channels too.
There was a good case for the BBC when TV first started out but not now that we have so many channels to choose from.
The BBC think themselves so marvellous and never stop advertising themselves and self promoting themselves. However they do not have the guts to really gauge public opinion by making it a subscription channel, so people who do enjoy the channels can pay to view them if they like. It is no good saying that the BBC would then dum down on it's programmes as they did that years ago by trying to compete for viewers.

I was always in favour of the bbc, simply because it was advert free and produced some good comedy, and drama.

Davy
The BBC has not been advert free for quite a long time as they are continually running adverts on their channels. It is just that all their adverts only advertise the BBC programmes and continually promote themselves.

I hope that the atrocious 'War of the Worlds' is just a one off mistake and not the future of BBC Drama.

The BBC is NOT an impartial news platform anyway! For years they have ripped off the British public with this government of the day backed stealth tax! Let them make their own revenue like any other business. You and I if we are self employed have to make our own living it's about time the BBC funded itself and trim itself if it needs to survive. I dont have a tv licence as I dont watch live tv , its streamed.

What are you whingeing about?
You are happy to freeload off the rest of the country that pays for the BBC.
I don't know how you can form any view about BBC tv as without a licence it is illegal to view any of its programmes at all.
That'll be why they are considering adopting pay per view on iPlayer.

What are you whingeing about?
You are happy to freeload off the rest of the country that pays for the BBC.
I don't know how you can form any view about BBC tv as without a licence it is illegal to view any of its programmes at all.
That'll be why they are considering adopting pay per view on iPlayer.

if i want to watch anything else i still have to pay bbc for it, itv or sky if there live programmes you need ! a license & having paid for your license you now have to pay again to watch reruns on their new service , that is why they are dinosaurs, if you wish to watch it why should i subsidise it ncode it and everyone is happy

With a licence one can record any programme live and then rewatch any time forever at no further cost.
One does wonder how long iPlayer will continue now they've got BritBox - obviously they'll start with old programmes.
BBC only keep programmes on iPlayer during current run and sometimes put older series up during a new series -presumably that'll soon stop.
One of their canny tricks is making you have an internet connection when replaying programmes downloaded and saved on iPlayer.

I may be wrong here, because I often am. But I thought the law was changed recently to make that an offence too.

With a licence one can record any programme live and then rewatch any time forever at no further cost.
One does wonder how long iPlayer will continue now they've got BritBox - obviously they'll start with old programmes.
BBC only keep programmes on iPlayer during current run and sometimes put older series up during a new series -presumably that'll soon stop.
One of their canny tricks is making you have an internet connection when replaying programmes downloaded and saved on iPlayer.
I may be wrong here as I often am, But I thought the law was changed earlier this year to make even this illegal.
The only way we will get rid of this tax is to everyone (or a lot of people) to just refuse to pay this ridiculous tax on law abiding citizens.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back