[CANCELLED] New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club - 29th December 2023 - 2nd January 2024

[CANCELLED] New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club - 29th December 2023 - 2nd January 2024
Posted by Admin
Hereford Rowing Club
Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, January 2, 2024 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hi Phil,
As promised here is an update….

Helen had major surgery yesterday and now has two plates holding things together.
She will also need further surgery in three months time.
She’s in a lot of pain and we are currently awaiting a call back from the out of hours GP.

I’m sorry but she’s not well enough to attend the meet so we will have to cancel.
We are both devastated as we always enjoy new year at Hereford.

Hi Phil,
As promised here is an update….

Helen had major surgery yesterday and now has two plates holding things together.
She will also need further surgery in three months time.
She’s in a lot of pain and we are currently awaiting a call back from the out of hours GP.

I’m sorry but she’s not well enough to attend the meet so we will have to cancel.
We are both devastated as we always enjoy new year at Hereford.
I am sorry to hear that. Please pass my best wishes to Helen and wish her a speedy recovery.

Thanks . We are just back from the hospital having seen the out of hours GP.
Helen now has a new medication containing morphine.
Hoping to see some improvement in pain management.

Hoping everyone has a brilliant time at new year. Enjoy everyone.

Thanks . We are just back from the hospital having seen the out of hours GP.
Helen now has a new medication containing morphine.
Hoping to see some improvement in pain management.

Hoping everyone has a brilliant time at new year. Enjoy everyone.
I hope progress is swift now.

As part of fundraising for the defibrillator I would like to suggest the following:

A book sale of your second hand books that are in good condition; monies to the fund. Paperbacks 50p Hardbacks £1

A table sale of unwanted bits and pieces that could be useful to your fellow motorhomers at home or in their vans. Perhaps that stuff you thought you would use but never have. Money to fund.

A sale of larger things that you could list on the thread that you can bring to meet by request only. A donation from that sale to the fund.

I will be arriving late afternoon on Friday and will organise the tables etc and dispose of unwanted books after the meet.

Please indicate interest or not in this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi admin
Please can you put us down for all nights, for 2 adults if there is room.
Yes, we have space for you. Could you have a look at the evening foods and let me know if you want to book any. You are automatically booked for the New Year buffet.

As part of fundraising for the defibrillator I would like to suggest the following:

A book sale of your second hand books that are in good condition; monies to the fund. Paperbacks 50p Hardbacks £1

A table sale of unwanted bits and pieces that could be useful to your fellow motorhomers at home or in their vans. Perhaps that stuff you thought you would use but never have. Money to fund.

A sale of larger things that you could list on the thread that you can bring to meet by request only. A donation from that sale to the fund.

I will be arriving late afternoon on Friday and will organise the tables etc and dispose of unwanted books after the meet.

This is a great idea and I hope people support it.

A really good idea….will see what I have………

Hi Phil.
We had originally planned on coming for all nights but will now have to delay our arrival until the Friday. We should arrive around lunchtime.
As ever, Franchesca will bring books to put into the sale.
Thanks, Jon Caton

Good idea Andromeda. Every time I look in my garage I find stuff that isn't worth Ebaying, so I'll try to sort out some motorhome related objets d'art.

I wonder if it is worth us indicating some things we will be bringing, in case someone wants them and then goes out and buys them before they could get them at the meet cheaper?
For example I have a locking wheel clamp, never used because it didn't fit my 16" wheels but it's fine for 15" wheels. I also have some diamond core drills which typically cost £50, but I won't be using them again so although used they are still good.

Phil. I think we may have missed the food orders. If it’s not too late to order can we have Friday (fish&chips) x2 and Saturday (Curry) x2.
Thanks
Jon Caton

Phil. I think we may have missed the food orders. If it’s not too late to order can we have Friday (fish&chips) x2 and Saturday (Curry) x2.
Thanks
Jon Caton
Hi, I had you down for pork rolls and curry from your votes. I have changed that to fish & chips and chicken balti.

This is the spreadsheet for the food orders; please ensure yours is correct.

Hi Phil, can you add us to the food order please. 2 x Fish & Chips, 1 x Chicken Balti and 1 x Chicken Korma.
Thanks Phil for your help. Hope this is ok, sorry it's late

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back