[CANCELLED] New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club - 29th December 2023 - 2nd January 2024

[CANCELLED] New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club - 29th December 2023 - 2nd January 2024
Posted by Admin
Hereford Rowing Club
Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, January 2, 2024 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
I wonder if it is worth us indicating some things we will be bringing, in case someone wants them and then goes out and buys them before they could get them at the meet cheaper?
For example I have a locking wheel clamp, never used because it didn't fit my 16" wheels but it's fine for 15" wheels. I also have some diamond core drills which typically cost £50, but I won't be using them again so although used they are still good.

What sizes are the core bits?

Due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot come until Fri please cancel food orders for Thursday.
Many thanks

Hi Phil, what is the latest we can arrive on Thursday night. Hollie has managed to get Friday off work 😊 so looking to set off after work on Thursday

Please do not attend the rally before midday on Saturday, 30th December.

Unfortunately, Hereford Rowing Club informed me that they expect the venue to flood on Thursday. There is a risk that the car parks will flood. The water will have receded by Friday morning. After a risk assessment with the club, I have decided to move the start day of the rally to Friday rather than Thursday. We are not using the fields, so whether they are waterlogged does not matter.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Caz
The latest update is that the floods may flood the building. This means that the site may night be until Saturday morning.

I had to decide whether to cancel the rally or move the start day until Saturday morning. I have decided to continue with the rally.

I am going to Hereford today and will be there assessing the situation. If flooding recedes quickly and we can get on site on Friday then I will post an update on this thread.

Phil

Hereford times are showing the field as being completely under water. Greyfriars residents are preparing for flooding and that is the approach road to the club. May I suggest using the football club car park at Merton meadow until you are sure that the flooding is receding.

Please do not attend the rally before midday on Saturday, 30th December.

The latest update is that the floods may flood the building. This means that the site may night be until Saturday morning.

I had to decide whether to cancel the rally or move the start day until Saturday morning. I have decided to continue with the rally.

I am going to Hereford today and will be there assessing the situation. If flooding recedes quickly and we can get on site on Friday then I will post an update on this thread.

Phil

You are invited to a New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club.

The usual camping fee of £10 per night per van.
Max 40 vans

The price is £20 per head for the New Year's Eve party (everyone attending the rally must buy a ticket. Children under 16 years are free.
Due to booking the Buffet, any cancellations after the 20th of December will have to pay the £20 per head party fee.

Please have the money in an envelope on arrival, with your user name and reg number, along with the number of nights and the number of tickets for the New Year Party.

Programme for the weekend
The clubhouse will be open during the daytime for socializing. When the bar is closed, tea and coffee will be available; hot water, tea, coffee, sugar and milk will be provided (but please feel free to bring your own specialized tea or coffee). Bring biscuits and cake along to share if you like.

Food Poll
I am running a poll to see what food people would like have a look here:

Arrive on Friday, December 29th, not before midday.

Friday 29th - Fish & Chips followed by Sticky13's

Fish, chips and peas for only £8.00 will be served at 7.00 pm
Five rounds of Sticky13's will start at 8.00 pm
If you play all the rounds of Sticky13s, it will cost £6 per person.

Saturday 30th - Buffet Breakfast
A buffet breakfast is available from 8.30 am until 11.30 am for £8.50 per person.

Saturday 30th - Afternoon Raffle
We will have a raffle on Saturday at 2.00 pm to raise money for the defib fund.
It would be fabulous if people could bring prizes or any unwanted xmas gifts for the raffle.

Saturday 30th - Curry and a Quiz night
Curry with rice, chips and nan for only £7.50 will be served at 7.00 pm
Quiz night starts at 8.00 pm

Sunday 31st - Buffet Breakfast
A buffet breakfast is available from 8.30 am until 11.30 am for £8.50 per person.

Sunday 31st - New Year Party
We are holding a New Year's Eve House Party with a disco.
The dress code is "fancy dress" or "dress fancy".

The evening will start at 7.30 pm. Hors d'oeuvres will be handed around in the bar, followed by a buffet at 8:30 p.m.

On the night of the party, there will be a no-dog rule (except for assistance dogs) in the area where food is served. Well-behaved dogs on leads are allowed in the bar area.

Important notice: Please inform us of any dietary requirements when booking.

Monday 1st

New Year Brunch 11.00 am until 1.00 pm £8.50 per head paid directly to the club.
We require numbers, so please let us know when you book.

Monday 1st - Sticky13s
Five rounds of Sticky13's will start at 8.00 pm
Playing all the rounds of Sticky13's will cost £6 per person.

Order pizzas from Dominos (you will be expected to order your own)

Tuesday 2nd
The party's over, we hope you all had a great time.
You must vacate the site before midday.

There will be breakfasts available on Friday and Saturday for £8.50; just turn up and pay the club.

Parking
Depending on the weather, we may need to park you in the car parks, which may mean the spacing will be much less than usual. We hopefully will be able to park some vans on the top part of the field near the road.
Hi Phil, I’ve seen your update re Saturday, should I confirm cancellation of our fish and chips order? Regards Adrian

[CANCELLED]

Unfortunately, I have had to make the decision to cancel this rally. The team at the Rowing Club told me that the parking areas we need will not be usable even on Saturday. Without all the parking areas we would not be able to park all the vans, and we cannot park any longer vans.

Jeff told me they could take more people at the Hollingworth Lake rally. If you would like to attend that rally instead, please have a look at the thread below:

I will be staying at Hereford in case people do not get the message, and we can accommodate some vans for camping only at the rowing club from Saturday. There will be no food or entertainment as this will not be a rally. As I said, the area for parking larger vans will not be usable, so we won't be able to park vans over 8m.

I am sorry to give you bad news. This is out of my control.

Phil

Last edited:
Hi Phil, so sorry to hear the bad news, this can't be helped with the weather, just one of them things. Roll on to the next meet up. Thanks Phil for all your hard work. please take care and we hope you have a good new year. (y)(y)

Oh groan, but there you go, it's all our own fault, apparently. Driving diesel motorhomes 4,000 miles a year has changed the world climate so we've only got ourselves to blame.
I admire you Phil, making the executive decision after all your work, I know it wasn't easy. Shame, because I wanted to meet everyone and convince Mrs Gasgas that you are in fact a nice bunch of people.
Before I tell her, I'll look at Hollingworth Lake. I've no idea where it is, but if it's in reach I'll see if we can go there. I've spent the last three days in the rain and dark, inside and outside under the camper removing / replacing the cold water tank.

The Rowing club is going to flood again on New Year’s day so we can no longer meet at the rowing club. We are all currently at the Leisure Pools car park if anyone wants to join us.

We ended up having the nights of the 30th and 31st at the rowing club. We did a fish and chip run and played Sticky13s on the 30th, and we had a small New Year party with Pizza and Sticky13s. There were nine vans with us and a couple of other regulars. We also had breakfast on the three mornings.

Thanks to Paul and Mel for accommodating us and opening late on New Year's Eve, even with only a few of us there.

Thanks to everyone who attended for turning a shite situation into a really nice chilled weekend.

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back