Canterbury P n R

Trigger

We arrived her Sunday after an uneventual drive up from Southampton 139 miles easy, plenty of space all water turned on and toilet dump good £8, overnight now great value lovely sunny day, took the bus into City today Monday, bit of a mess at the moment as revamping the main street but no problem, we are going back In this evening for a meal somewhere last bus back 7, 30 pm but can use several other busses free with P n R ticket so all good number plate recognition on entry to P n R now just pay at mac hime cash or card before going to the barrier to leave. GREAT FACILITY ALL ROUND We on ferry for Calais Wednesday 11 am. Yippee.

The place just next door does a decent meal. The Old Gate Inn.
When the P&R use to close barrier at a certain time (back then) the pub allowed us to sleep over, which was very nice of them as it was late at night.
Stopped over at the P&R last August for a couple of nights after returning to UK, no curfew in place now, great place at a great price.

Canterbury is mimicking the Ghent traffic management system by dividing the city into five zones. Drivers will only be allowed to enter each zone from a ring road, and be banned from driving directly from one zone to another.

Goodness knows how tourists will be clearly informed. It's a shame as I used to enjoy visiting the place.

Canterbury is mimicking the Ghent traffic management system by dividing the city into five zones. Drivers will only be allowed to enter each zone from a ring road, and be banned from driving directly from one zone to another.

Goodness knows how tourists will be clearly informed. It's a shame as I used to enjoy visiting the place.
'Not a lot of people know this' to coin a phrase, but Canterbury Cathedral was the first place in UK to produce a treatise on modern birth control and the obstacles it faced' It was titled, 'The Pill's Grim Progress' ... :D

I still use a pebble in my shoe. Guaranteed to make me limp ...

Steve

'Not a lot of people know this' to coin a phrase, but Canterbury Cathedral was the first place in UK to produce a treatise on modern birth control and the obstacles it faced' It was titled, 'The Pill's Grim Progress' ... :D

I still use a pebble in my shoe. Guaranteed t
o make me limp ...

Steve

We went to Folkestone yesterday on The bus, it is looking very run down and seedy we thought lots of shops closed down there as everywhere nice wetherspoons there so not all bad, we are now in the lines at Dover waiting for our 11. 55 crossing to Calais, all very easy through the check-in areas and Customs, an official from border force entered the van for checks but no hassle anywhere Yet, see what happens in France as we have lots of food aboard??

We went to Folkestone yesterday on The bus, it is looking very run down and seedy we thought lots of shops closed down there as everywhere nice wetherspoons there so not all bad, we are now in the lines at Dover waiting for our 11. 55 crossing to Calais, all very easy through the check-in areas and Customs, an official from border force entered the van for checks but no hassle anywhere Yet, see what happens in France as we have lots of food aboard??
Personal food imports is no longer on the 'Hit List', Trig. This week's theme is French Industrial Action, so avoid the Gilets Jaunes and their backing Band!

Steve

Personal food imports is no longer on the 'Hit List', Trig. This week's theme is French Industrial Action, so avoid the Gilets Jaunes and their backing Band!

Steve
I see no ships, this boat is half empty expected to see it full, sea flat calm but misty or sea fret?

IMG_20230222_141227.jpg

I see no ships, this boat is half empty expected to see it full, sea flat calm but misty or sea fret?

View attachment 65969
Drove strsight off the boat at Calais no checks at all so all very easy now at Montreuil sur mer Aire 4 other bits here so GB or UK as we are now known. Is now represented. So we still have our food we brought with us hee. Hee the aire pay water

IMG_20230222_170419.jpg

Last edited:
Delighted that you are adding photos.

Yvonne has been a little under the weather for the last few months, and now that she is returning to health I need her to see what she has been missing out on. 👍

Have a safe journey! 👍
We now on the Aire at Marboue, 1 other brit here and one French van, free Aire pay water but it is Kaput, I got our first French fuel fill today at Super U at Pont D la Arche 1.779 euros litre , saw it on sale at 2.10 litre euros on the way here, scarey. The Super U had stacks of veg and fruit on sale no shortages over here it seems, weather sun and cloud chilly at times but OK so onward and upwards as they say, we passed Boneval 11 Ks before we got here , like it there, should have stopped there for the night on the free Aire as it is a nice town to wander and more shops very little here at Marboue, just wandered the area only saw 15 Humans on our walk, where do they hide we wonder plenty of vehicles on the main road through however. We saw so many large trucks on the roads today all nationalities so commerce is booming in France it seems.

IMG_20230223_174120.jpgIMG_20230223_174057.jpg

Love CPR always use it and we go into the overflow car park now signposted with a motorhome. When we rushed out of Spain covid year it was busy …

Love CPR always use it and we go into the overflow car park now signposted with a motorhome. When we rushed out of Spain covid year it was busy …
We now Nersac Aire free aire but water off and no longer any free lecky, sign says no lecky due to inflation and the town can't afford it. Cost too much to change system to pay for it I guess, one good thing about no lecky is that now there are places free on the Aire as before it was touch and go whether you could get on here as only 7 places for vans. Diesel top up today 1.739 per litre Intermarche at St Maure D Touraine got our first feast of Crevetes here too, Prawns in their suits hee hee so a fresh baguette prawns and fresh salad feast for lunch today, yum yum, rained a lot today but nice evening now
, On to Dax tomorrow. I used payage today 2 junctions round Tours 1.80 euros and 2 junctions round Poitiers 2.90 euros so we'll worth it as saved a lot of stop starts. through the cities.

IMG_20230224_183143.jpgIMG_20230224_183103.jpgIMG_20230224_183014.jpg

We now Nersac Aire free aire but water off and no longer any free lecky, sign says no lecky due to inflation and the town can't afford it. Cost too much to change system to pay for it I guess, one good thing about no lecky is that now there are places free on the Aire as before it was touch and go whether you could get on here as only 7 places for vans. Diesel top up today 1.739 per litre Intermarche at St Maure D Touraine got our first feast of Crevetes here too, Prawns in their suits hee hee so a fresh baguette prawns and fresh salad feast for lunch today, yum yum, rained a lot today but nice evening now
, On to Dax tomorrow. I used payage today 2 junctions round Tours 1.80 euros and 2 junctions round Poitiers 2.90 euros so we'll worth it as saved a lot of stop starts. through the cities.

View attachment 66002View attachment 66003View attachment 66004

We now at Vitoria Gasteiz in Spain on the aire which is stuffed as usual only 2 Brits here rest appear to be French, sun's out but chill wind, we left Dax Aire this morning and got straight on the payage Motorway as didn't want to drive through St Jean D luz And Biarritz etc decided to stay on the payage all the way to Victoria Gasteiz cost 32 euros in total but we'll worth it we felt, 250 kilometers in total to Victoria. so from Poitiers to here we have been on fast roads all the way 130 kph an hour max. so soooo easy now, they have built a huge EROSKI Supermarket on part of the car park which is part of the overall parking which includes the aire, but still great, we may take the tram from here into the City later but as it is Sunday lots of shops will be closed so may not. vans everywhere and also the market will be here on Wednesday, it is 2 years since we were last here big changes in that time lot of the shops closed down too suppose the new EROSKI is part responsible for that? But all in all a great place to stop over and all free on the Aire too. What's not to like? Fuel top up at Dax 1.789 euro litre seen it cheaper in Spain now so we will see.

IMG_20230226_153716.jpgIMG_20230226_153708.jpgIMG_20230226_153654.jpgIMG_20230226_153647.jpg

Last edited:
I must say I am amazed and impressed that anywhere still does or did offer free electricity even before the price hikes.

Here in the UK free anything is relatively rare however some of the lowest forms of freeloaders (i.e the ones that hang out in some of the less savory Facebook groups) are now coming up with ways to steal electricity from EV charge points, ranging from custom made but expensive adapters to trick the EVSE into thinking a vehicle is attached to simply vandalising them to get at the contactors!

I must say I am amazed and impressed that anywhere still does or did offer free electricity even before the price hikes.

Here in the UK free anything is relatively rare however some of the lowest forms of freeloaders (i.e the ones that hang out in some of the less savory Facebook groups) are now coming up with ways to steal electricity from EV charge points, ranging from custom made but expensive adapters to trick the EVSE into thinking a vehicle is attached to simply vandalising them to get at the contactors!
Where can you purchase these adapters ?
Asking for a friend

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back