Canterbury P n R

We woke up this morning to snow and freezing winds, Sunny Spain? We drove to PALENCIA and are now on the free aire lovely sun out no snow but chill wind, fuel top up on route Spain 1.637 euro litre cheapest yet that was on the Auto Via. There is now a huge Chinese shop at the Aire selling everything ever invented love the Todos. Had a wander round the city very nice and a super park right at the Aire.so all good. We shopped at the new Eroski at V G before we left all cheap too and all the shelves groaning with the amount of fruit and veg on sale, no rationing here? Speedo reading 1100 miles from Southampton the worst part of these trips is the long drives down and back and we are now on day 7 of our 90 but hey ho it is what it is.

IMG_20230227_152338.jpgIMG_20230227_152833.jpgIMG_20230227_161323.jpgIMG_20230227_161812.jpgIMG_20230227_161902.jpg

Last edited:
The cathedral charge for going to see it in day

Look and find what time the next service is go in for free..
Great service and the arch bish could be there ..

We woke up this morning at V G and it was minus 5 degs iced up windscreen too, we drove on to Caseres today325 kms easy drive and sunny day, saw Kites and Storks too , lovely to see got fuel top up today 1.659 litre that was a Repsol station just off a motorway so not bad I thought they also had GPL on a pump 97 C, a litre didn't need any of that yet but good to see it. Just returned to the van fron a long walk round the City hard walking all up hill but we'll worth the effort. The aire here is full but we saw vans about 300 metres from here off a round about all parked up. About 12 of them, so all good, we plan to be at Zaffra tomorrow but may continue on to Pomerao in Portugal see how it pans out.

The Eagle has landed, now at POMERAO PORTUGAL lovely sunny day Sat by the river having beers lovely, long drive from CASERES calling in at ZAFRA AIRE did some food shopping there as there are no shops at Pomerao, also called in at Mines Domingos about 10 vans there not like the old days when it was stuffed, fuel top up again today 1.623 euros so all ok, we used the free hot showers at Pomerao today as we have had no hot water in the van or heating since leaving home as the diesel heater has failed, will check it out now we are here see if I can fix it nice to be warm again and smelling much better, seen lots of Kites again today and many Storks, if any of you ladies want me to talk to a Stork on your behalf I am happy to do that for you hee hee. We will stay Here for a few days now to unwind from all the travelling, couple of nice bars and restaurants here so all good, several Brits about so good to chat to them too.

IMG_20230301_164618.jpgIMG_20230301_164602.jpgIMG_20230301_164552.jpg

We left Pomerao today as needed store's so crossed the Bridge into Spain and are now at Sanlucar de Guadiana which is opposite Alcoutim on the GUADIAMA River there is a ferry across if you want to cross the river this aire is only 20 klms from Pomerao so very convenient, it is a good aire free all services and a short walk to the town and harbour there is a view point with 2 windmills ancient which over look the town and harbour this place should be in our POI s if it is not , 2 small supermarkets here for all ones needs lovely town and harbour aire listed in Vicarious books too. We will spend the night here and return to Pomerao to morrow for a shower and then move on into more Portugal all very easy and laid back. Luvin it.

IMG_20230304_123018.jpgIMG_20230304_122733.jpgIMG_20230304_121944.jpgIMG_20230304_121850.jpgIMG_20230304_121916.jpg Not all Spanish drive cars, some have gone green

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_145946.jpg
    IMG_20230304_145946.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
though i agree sanlucar is a lovely spot normally call in en route to pomarao mertola is fractionally nearer and has more shops and has washing machines outside the supermarket, the aire is nice as well though steep but not any worse than pomarao just don’t let the wife in either of the china shops mine came out with 3 handbags !

We left San lucar this morning and drove to Castro Marim Aire 3 vacant spots when we arrived so had a choice rain today after about a week of sun, the Bourne at Castro Martin is wrecked cant even empty the cassette but hey ho it is free here, big changes round the town since we were here 3 years ago, very smart now the area next to the Aire which was a car park and overflow for vans is now a new road with more car parking the supermarket now has a new cafe and a lot of the houses now look like summer let's and are very smart,there is a new swimming pool lido and looks great hooray we thought showers as ours is kaput but NO Closed the pool is not open mechanical breakdown it seems, so Ville Real has a pool we are told so go there sometime this week. We climbed up to the windmills at San Lucar hard climb but great views over the town and river and there is a Zip Wire from the Castle over the river to Alcoutim, Summer only it is very high and would be a great experience to ride it.

IMG_20230304_180642.jpgIMG_20230304_180504.jpgIMG_20230304_180409.jpgIMG_20230304_180330.jpg

if your heading that way there is a prio garage near the manta rota turn only €1.49 for deisel , and further on nr vilamoura if your heater is playing up the english guy tommy at camperserv is really good he does like you to ring in advance and make an appointment just look up their website

The cathedral charge for going to see it in day

Look and find what time the next service is go in for free..
Great service and the arch bish could be there ..
Cathedrals and Stately homes wind me up because they were built on the backs of the Peasants in the day and the Church is still trying to rip us off, BISHOPS live in PALACES WHY whilst I appreciate the architecture I do not do Churches Cathedrals, Abbeys or Manor houses, and love it that the National Trust benefit from inheritance tax on these properties and the poor old Earls Lords etc have to hand over these houses to almost public ownership shame their Titles don't die with them, roll on the Revolution and the Republic I say, Mr Farage where are you when we need you again??

Cathedrals and Stately homes wind me up because they were built on the backs of the Peasants in the day and the Church is still trying to rip us off, BISHOPS live in PALACES WHY whilst I appreciate the architecture I do not do Churches Cathedrals, Abbeys or Manor houses, and love it that the National Trust benefit from inheritance tax on these properties and the poor old Earls Lords etc have to hand over these houses to almost public ownership shame their Titles don't die with them, roll on the Revolution and the Republic I say, Mr Farage where are you when we need you again??
For the last 10 years of my working life , I worked in what would have been called service years ago ..
I was responsible for the building and maintenance of a listed hall and ground .
Which was still private owned by the lord and lady .
I admire then,for there duty was custodian.
It cost millions to keep it all standing.
Love historical building visit many .

We are now at Ville Real S Antonio aire took an hour to get in Dragon Lady on reception and she just shut up shop and would not talk to anyone famous for it apparently, lot of pitches free so had a choice of many, got Gas top up today at VRSA 98 cents litre so that good, just wandered the town not nich change here since we here 3 years ago still very nice had coffee and beers in a cafe and a LIDL shop for stores so all good we are now in LARGE ORANGE COUNTRY lovely but naff Strawberries on sale.

IMG_20230307_092941.jpgIMG_20230307_092907.jpg

4th night tonight at Villa Real S Antonio sun's out really warm had wanders round the town coffees and beers etc as you do, really laid back here, thinning out on the Aire now plenty of spaces even on the front line, it is only 6 euros a night here so all good few more Brits here now? Pictures of part of the Aire and across the River to Spain Ayemonte. ferry across if you want a day out in Spain too , so all good

IMG_20230310_124505.jpgIMG_20230310_124556.jpgIMG_20230310_124655.jpg

4th night tonight at Villa Real S Antonio sun's out really warm had wanders round the town coffees and beers etc as you do, really laid back here, thinning out on the Aire now plenty of spaces even on the front line, it is only 6 euros a night here so all good few more Brits here now? Pictures of part of the Aire and across the River to Spain Ayemonte. ferry across if you want a day out in Spain too , so all good

View attachment 66152View attachment 66153View attachment 66154
When staying there was always amused when S Antonio was closing down in the evening you could see and hear Ayamonte open up

vila real aire is operated by the same council as manta rota they have just raised the fee there from €6 to €11 apparently a lot leaving

Manta and Rota has been 10 Euros for a long time now plus for Lrecky horrible place?

Today at Fuzeta lovely sunny day paddled in the sea, it was our good fortune today to meet a lovely English Lady a WC member Joy Zigzag she told us of an overnight stop over we never knew about, at Tavira where we are now for the night on a river a very nice place several vans here too, thank you Joy,

IMG_20230311_183745.jpgIMG_20230311_183710.jpgIMG_20230311_183653.jpgIMG_20230311_153124.jpgIMG_20230311_152231.jpgIMG_20230311_151859.jpgIMG_20230311_151342.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back