Caravan & Motorhome Club

Wes

Just read an advert for above, offering new members first night free when joining.
I find this very unfair to Members who have been paying for months with no opportunity to enjoy the benefits.
I would be interested in anyone else's views

"new customer only" deals can be very annoying at the best of times - and this kind of deal right now is a bit of a kick in the teeth for current members.

Just read an advert for above, offering new members first night free when joining.
I find this very unfair to Members who have been paying for months with no opportunity to enjoy the benefits.
I would be interested in anyone else's views
no thanks. not like the 3 c the friendly club. and wildcampers . ok.pj.

no thanks. not like the 3 c the friendly club. and wildcampers . ok.pj.
3 c, the unfriendly club. The members are friendly but the club couldn't give a, what's the word I'm looking for, about the members. Take your money and desert you, and some of the stewards are only there for all they can get and to do as little as they can, (just one couple).

The big two clubs are what they are..... not clubs but businesses, aimed at maximising profits, which I understand.

I'm a member of both because I like the CL/CS networks, being quiet, and away from crowds.

Actions that either take like this to survive the current pandemic will probably offend a lot of existing members, but their financial failure would affect me more, so I'll bite the bullet and live with it.

I'm happy that others might strongly disagree. 👍

Businesses are struggling during this pandemic.
Many, not just the camping clubs, are offering special deals to survive.
I don’t have a problem with it. I’d rather they survive than fold.
By the way, I’m a member of both clubs.

Both before and after our usual European jaunts we spend maybe 1 month in Uk (both before and after)
We have found a number of useful C&CC certified sites.
Usually about £15. In may and september we like EHU
So that gives us the 90 days out of UK.
Out of uK we mainly (95%) use aires/stellplatz/sostas. Many have EHU which e use if it suits
We only use C&CC which up to now has given enough choice
If we are marooned in UK this summer but can tour we may also join CAMC for 1 year !

The big two clubs are what they are..... not clubs but businesses, aimed at maximising profits, which I understand.
Not quite. A business which makes a profit can then distribute some of that to the owners or shareholders. The Clubs have no shareholders and so their "profits" are either retained to shore up the balance sheet and/or are reinvested in the network. The C&MHC sent me an email the other day announcing an investment of over £5m.

Other than that I agree with what you say and we are also members of both clubs. And although I have some grumbles (eg a few too many regulations) I find their facilities are generally first class and have yet to meet a really grumpy warden.

Yes I let my CAMC membership lapse for a couple of months and I have just renewed so I can book some sites.
They actually wanted £10 more than my original renewal and I had to sign up for a direct debit to get my original price. I have been sent a voucher for a free night though and that was a pleasant surprise as it wasn’t mentioned at time of taking out membership.

We are members of both clubs but prefer the C&MC which we use the most. In fact I think we'll probably cancel our membership of the C&CC as we just don't seem to use their sites now.

In terms of people we have found both clubs site staff to be helpful and friendly but as with any selection of folks you do come across the odd jobsworth who are a little officious.

Yes I let my CAMC membership lapse for a couple of months and I have just renewed so I can book some sites.
They actually wanted £10 more than my original renewal and I had to sign up for a direct debit to get my original price. I have been sent a voucher for a free night though and that was a pleasant surprise as it wasn’t mentioned at time of taking out membership.
Perhaps we should all cancel our direct debits, then re join when we can benefit from membership, and be rewarded of a free night ....Obiously loyalty does not pay as far as Camc are concerned

We are members of both clubs but prefer the C&MC which we use the most. In fact I think we'll probably cancel our membership of the C&CC as we just don't seem to use their sites now.
We have cancelled CCC. I looked at their sites when we were allowed to travel and every one I did had their facilities closed. The CMC kept theirs open. So, we only used one site last year.

Can see both sides....they won't be the first to do the "New customers only" routine !! More to the point will they reopen in time for my April booking LOL 😂!!!

Why on earth do you need to join both clubs? Different strokes, different folks.
I joined the CCC only to find a spot if Wildcamping became difficult, and to make available cheaper ferries .

Not to mention you have to be a member of CCC to take advantage of the RAC Arrival Insurance, first class!
...and I've always used their personal/health insurance which has been very competitive. I use Mayday for UK breakdown from the C&MHC.

Plus, we prefer sites so we can get a decent shower after we've been out walking/cycling.

Why on earth do you need to join both clubs? Different strokes, different folks.
I joined the CCC only to find a spot if Wildcamping became difficult, and to make available cheaper ferries .
I joined the caravan club (before the name change to include motorhomes) when I was a caravanner.
I took advantage of the Mayday scheme and very thankful for it.
Joined CCC when friends introduced me to it,
I now have more choice of sites, cl’s, cs’s

“why on earth join both clubs?”......Why not!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back