Christmas trees

We used to put up the tree and decorations around 15th Dec. For the last few years we have been away for Christmas ( rented a house in the UK so all the family could visit)
This year, we will be home and bought a tree a few days ago ( artificial) so, it’s going up tomorrow.
Already started on the gingerbread coffee and mulled wine.........

Been away for a few days and came home this evening to find the street alight with Christmas lights.
No....not the neighbours, but the council.
Living at the top of a somewhat remote village where the lower village is usually alight and nowt up here....well, I was gobsmacked.
I guess I’ll have to make an effort now....

Our tree will remain planted in its pot, sunk into the garden since we will be away from 19/12. Putting a wreath on the door, some lights in the window, and cards will go up but stopping at that as won't be back for a few months! Will do a tree in Portugal, from off cuts of local pines ( tied together they make a good tree!) .

Keep ours up all year, not switched on though. One continuous string of LED lights 20201209_183803.jpg20201209_183823.jpg£26 from fleabay out of season. 🤣

Gonna put some more up tomorrow in fact I’m gonna go to town just to piss my Scrooge neighbour who hates Christmas. We are usually always away over Christmas so a good excuse to noise him up this year. Need some of the ones that play chimes and flash at his side.😂😜

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back