Damp. Non motorhome related

Damp is simply the presence of water laden air condensing onto a wall or other surface, you can get it in any room on any level, ventilation will help but not on wet days as this could make it worse.

Rising damp is a different thing altogether and can still happen regardless of if you have a sound DPC, soil level too high is a common one, bad drain or soil pipes can also cause it, as can an overflowing boiler or overflowing cistern in the attic/loft, essentially all you need is a source of water on a wall above the DPC, if it exists long enough without repair then you will get damp, rising or otherwise.

I hope this thread isn't taking away from motorhoming info but you've all been more than thought provoking. Ta.
It's under the wrong forum perhaps, but the title isn't misleading, I'd have put it under off topic but for myself a lot of it could be applied to a MoHo just as well, they too suffer from damp just not rising damp usually

It's under the wrong forum perhaps, but the title isn't misleading, I'd have put it under off topic but for myself a lot of it could be applied to a MoHo just as well, they too suffer from damp just not rising damp usually
Off Topic in the TV Lounge, with a mention of Rigsby and Miss Jones? :D

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back