Daring to hope over Christmas

RoaminRog

Three months ago, our eldest grandson was involved in a very serious road accident, which has resulted in broken bones, eyesight problems, severe speech complications and post traumatic amnesia.
Due to current visiting restrictions, the only person able to see him is his Mother, and therefor we have existed in a constant state of worry and anxiety since learning about the accident.
Over the last month, we have attempted a few facetime calls, which mainly ended very emotionally because we could not understand what he was trying to say.
Our best Christmas present ever, was a wonderful facetime call during which we could actually understand what he was saying and we were able to hold a reasonably good conversation with him.
Chris and I would like to wish all members a truly memorable Christmas period and always remember to be thankful for small mercies.
Tonight, we are starting to feel festive, and we would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a warm and safe Happy New Year.
Rog n Chris xx

Three months ago, our eldest grandson was involved in a very serious road accident, which has resulted in broken bones, eyesight problems, severe speech complications and post traumatic amnesia.
Due to current visiting restrictions, the only person able to see him is his Mother, and therefor we have existed in a constant state of worry and anxiety since learning about the accident.
Over the last month, we have attempted a few facetime calls, which mainly ended very emotionally because we could not understand what he was trying to say.
Our best Christmas present ever, was a wonderful facetime call during which we could actually understand what he was saying and we were able to hold a reasonably good conversation with him.
Chris and I would like to wish all members a truly memorable Christmas period and always remember to be thankful for small mercies.
Tonight, we are starting to feel festive, and we would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a warm and safe Happy New Year.
Rog n Chris xx
Fi and myself are thinking of you and your family just now Roger
prayers and hopes for the laddie
fi and me

All your Fans, marooned half-way up a damp Algarve hillside.
Hope that your news continues to improve.
2022 had got to be better..
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Great that you have some good news Roger and Chris. Thinking of you, have a good Christmas.

glad to hear of your grandson’s improvements must say beginning to believe new year might go ahead as long as boris holds his nerve & then spain & portugal 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

We hope your grandson's progress continues.
A nightmare for all concerened.
Best wishes to all
Phil & Nida
Thank you so much guys, Merry Christmas to you both🎄🎄
I don’t doubt that you are both missing our weather!
See you soon!

RoaminRog I’ve just saw this thread and our thoughts are with you and your family and that things can only get better now for all of you, and that you had a merry Christmas and love to you and yours

thoughts and prayers are with you and yours roger.......hope your son continues to improve.....take care
Thank you so much, our grandson has always been very much like a son to us, always looking out for us, and that’s why we are missing him so much.

Rog n Chris xx
Here’s to hoping your grandson continues to improve, he has one thing to help in his favour, youth! Happier new year!
Best John

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back