Demist fan Fiat Ducati 2017

Carrerasax

Fab only works on max 4 setting.
could this be a blown fuse?
Think thus may have been spasmodic in not working b4 though haven’t done anything to rectify it as far as I know!!!

Exwindsurfer

Carrerasax

Mines still under warranty so should be able to get Fiat to sort it , I hope!!

Carrerasax

Could it work, on and off, spasmodically as I’m sure it’s played up b4 but then started working again!!!!

Carrerasax

Yes.... Exactly how my work boxer went.....

Electrics with a mind of their own
thought this wasRenault trick or are they all the same underneath.

demister fan not rocket science! What if it happened on a mars mission!!!!

mistericeman

Never a moments electrical trouble in 8 years with my Renault.
Your lucky..... Lol
Most of our boxer/ducato vans have suffered from electrical gremlins....
Not all serious... But some bloody annoying habits like losing speed limit settings/cruise control
Heater fans etc....

Ohhh and DPF refusing to regenerate....

According to Peugeot main stealers the DPF stops being recognised by the ECU at 130k so will need a new DPF at that point.

Mind mine has just touched 130 000 miles in 3 years.

Carrerasax

Your lucky..... Lol
Most of our boxer/ducato vans have suffered from electrical gremlins....
Not all serious... But some bloody annoying habits like losing speed limit settings/cruise control
Heater fans etc....

Ohhh and DPF refusing to regenerate....

According to Peugeot main stealers the DPF stops being recognised by the ECU at 130k so will need a new DPF at that point.

Mind mine has just touched 130 000 miles in 3 years.
Wow that’s a lot. Thought ours at 26k was high!!!😀

Landyseverywhere

Seems the blower resistor (or often the wires connected to it ) iscommon across many makes I've done several over the years most recently my
Iveco.

bobj808

Our Peugeot Boxer and now our Ducato did/do the same - my wife is guilty of kicking the connecter socket that hangs down under the glove box. Our connectors just need a shake to get the fan working on all 4 speeds. Bob

debs

Fab only works on max 4 setting.
could this be a blown fuse?
Think thus may have been spasmodic in not working b4 though haven’t done anything to rectify it as far as I know!!!
I had this same problem on a previous Fiat, it turned out to be a multi connector under the dash on the passenger side. To look at it seemed OK, but wasn't pushed together fully. I was able to reach the offending article by laying on the floor and reaching up for it, but I did collect a couple of bruises for my efforts, but fixed it! 🔧🔦

JimandHazel

Our Peugeot Boxer and now our Ducato did/do the same - my wife is guilty of kicking the connecter socket that hangs down under the glove box. Our connectors just need a shake to get the fan working on all 4 speeds. Bob
I’ve been suffering in silence with this very same problem for a long time. I just didnt want to tackle dismantling the dash to get to the resistor assembly. Having read this topic I thought it can’t be that simple. Low and below it was the connector block. A wiggle here and there and hi presto I have all four speeds.

Carrerasax

I stuck my hands up there today but it all seems very tight and I haven't really a clue what in feeling for.
Need a consultant gynaecologist I feel, wife's got a similar appointment on Friday perhaps I'll see if he's fit a spare coffee break, to pop out to the car park with me!!!!!

witzend

I stuck my hands up there today but it all seems very tight and I haven't really a clue what in feeling for.
A mirror and light helped me and just removing the connector and a spray of electrical cleaner on contacts fixed it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)