Disgusted

hurricane

Free Member

I was parked in a well known riverside beauty spot car park this morning. Only one other motorhome there and they proceeded to remove their toilet cassette and take it round to the hidden side of their van.
I could see underneath their motorhome and watched the owner empty the contents of the cassette into a plastic carrier bag and then carry the bag to a waste bin. This was a litter bin which would have to be physically emptied by a council worker.

I was shocked and disgusted at this behaviour and this to me is another example of why motorhomers have a bad reputation and are being banned from lovely spots.

I was parked in a well known riverside beauty spot car park this morning. Only one other motorhome there and they proceeded to remove their toilet cassette and take it round to the hidden side of their van.
I could see underneath their motorhome and watched the owner empty the contents of the cassette into a plastic carrier bag and then carry the bag to a waste bin. This was a litter bin which would have to be physically emptied by a council worker.

I was shocked and disgusted at this behaviour and this to me is another example of why motorhomers have a bad reputation and are being banned from lovely spots.
And what did you do about it besides posting on here ?

I'd like to think that I would have taken a photo of the van, including number plate and ask the police who I should report it to because far as I'm concerned it is a health hazard apart from being a totally unacceptable action.

Here we have the same problems but they don,t put it in the bin they just dump it in the hedge and drive of thats why many locals want motorhomes band from the beach carparks

No dont confront the offender as if you did that here a hospital viz would norm be what would happen to you,dont know about mainland but with thick heads these days im sure same,walk away and report.

Disgusting as this incident was, despite the fact that I am very much someone who would go and confront someone performing such an act, I have my dearly beloved telling me not to get involved as we have all been witness to how some people have reacted.
Sadly this modern world of ours doesn't have the acceptable standards it had not all that many years ago!!

Instead I would do as others have suggested and take several photographs and report them to the authorities.

"That's disgusting" are our immediate thoughts and "report him"... But who to? I bet Plod would not be interested and would suggest you take it up with.... ?
So how do we go about effectively reporting this kind of thing? What offence has been committed? Who deals with those offences? How do we communicate the offence?
I have a Netscape dash-cam which when you download footage to a PC or laptop asks if you want to send the clip to the Police. I have not done this yet as again I suspect they will not do anything... So like many I just complain but don't do anything about it :(
It would be good if some legal eagle on here could advise what to do with evidence of an offence of this type. Maybe I would then report it.

K ;)
Ps it reminds me of dog walkers who pick up their dogs poo in public and then sling the bag into the bushes when no one is around.

Last edited:
It reminds me of dog walkers who pick up their dogs poo in public and then sling the bag into the bushes when no one is around.

Disgusting as that is, even worse are those mindless idiots who pick up dog business and then chuck the bags into fields where horses or farm stock go and eat it which frequently results in major surgery having to be undertaken!

So all threads on here and Wild posts about using plastic bags in the M/H cassette.
Just makes one think!
YUK!!!

I`ve also seen many posts about members shitting in a bag / bin liner placed in the cassette or a bucket and then binning it.

What`s the difference between them doing it and the person observed in post #1 :unsure:

I`ve also seen many posts about members shitting in a bag / bin liner placed in the cassette or a bucket and then binning it.

What`s the difference between them doing it and the person observed in post #1 :unsure:
There is a lot of difference as I am a bag shitter biodegradable only and I NEVER put it in normal refuse bins it either goes in a council dog poo bin or I burn it on my campfire/ firepit so it’s the same as everything someone does something distasteful and we all get dragged down with them.

There is a lot of difference as I am a bag shitter biodegradable only and I NEVER put it in normal refuse bins it either goes in a council dog poo bin or I burn it on my campfire/ firepit so it’s the same as everything someone does something distasteful and we all get dragged down with them.

You burn your poo in the campfire / firepit o_O

You burn your poo in the campfire / firepit o_O
Yes I have been known to do that after campers have gone to bed I first started doing it when we were at a meet and a members dog crapped it was a very big dog the member stood up picked the poo up and then chicken bagged poo on the fire and there was no smell as it burned so that was my brain ping moment ???

while people don’t like the idea https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cleanis-Ca...qid=1552128644&sr=8-4&keywords=commode+liners if you look on the instructions for commode liners, they go into a normal bin. Having seen children allowed to poo in the open, I would prefer a bag and bin method than dumping in the open.
And dont forget all them shitty disposable nappies that are chucked anywhere and everywhere and in bins that councils have to empty I just think we all get a bit prissy over bodily functions??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back