Do you have a spare wheel going abroad?

I would ditch that daft jack and either get a small 2/3 ton bottle or a trolley 2 ton unit, iv seen them doppy boys bend and also tip over, and may i add never jack anything on a sill, lift the sus leg only.
I thought I didn’t have a Jack in the van for ages Trev. Well I’d had a Jack but didn’t think it was the correct one. Turns out it is (although I still have doubts myself) but it’s a little bottle Jack. You are supposed to use blocks with the Jack to lift the van so while I have the Jack it has no blocks lol

Gordon we have just drove all the way to the border with Spain and I have just realised that I have not even checked the spare wheel or if the jack and tool's have not been taken out of our new van, anyhow a quick check and found the brand new wheel and tyre, also brand new jack and tool kit in the compartment under the passenger seat, phew panic over 🤔

Gordon we have just drove all the way to the border with Spain and I have just realised that I have not even checked the spare wheel or if the jack and tool's have not been taken out of our new van, anyhow a quick check and found the brand new wheel and tyre, also brand new jack and tool kit in the compartment under the passenger seat, phew panic over 🤔
Sweaty pants time jeff😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

I have scissor type jack, while I have never had to use it, thankfully. I really don't fancy having to use it in earnest, what jacks do use, scissor or bottle?

I do think bottle Jack would be the better option, I’ll see if I can pick one up soon.

I do think bottle Jack would be the better option, I’ll see if I can pick one up soon.
I've got something better that a bottle jack Terry I forgot I had it and I know it works a treat as we used it at a heheford meet a good few years ago Phil blew it up with his exhaust very light to carry .it lifted the van no bother at all

20240205_110647.jpg

I've got something better that a bottle jack Terry I forgot I had it and I know it works a treat as we used it at a heheford meet a good few years ago Phil blew it up with his exhaust very light to carry .it lifted the van no bother at all

View attachment 71389
MH is over 4 ton, Jeff, and that is before she loads her shoes and handbags aboard!!

Side wall damage was my concern as a can o gas ain't gonna fix this problem
My previous van, aTrigano Tribute came without a spare, I bought one from a vehicle dismantler before going to Europe.
The gas repair canister are totally useless after running flat, even a few yards as the tyre sidewalls collapse and destroy the tyre.
Or, like mine, a scrote in Barcelona stabbed my sidewall to try robbing us, on Good Friday, without the spare we would have been stranded for several days,

I thought I didn’t have a Jack in the van for ages Trev. Well I’d had a Jack but didn’t think it was the correct one. Turns out it is (although I still have doubts myself) but it’s a little bottle Jack. You are supposed to use blocks with the Jack to lift the van so while I have the Jack it has no blocks lol
Hard wood if you require it, i dont lift on the body as you are lifting the van & not the wheel, best is to lift the spring arm front or back, if you can or require to get a u or v shaped bit welded on to the top of the jack which is better for safe use.

Hard wood if you require it, i dont lift on the body as you are lifting the van & not the wheel, best is to lift the spring arm front or back, if you can or require to get a u or v shaped bit welded on to the top of the jack which is better for safe use.
So I have a tyre but not on a wheel, not as convenient but it's not difficult to get it fitted. The can of gunk is next to useless. Just gives false hope. As for a jack, I have an air bag same as on the suspension.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back