Do you have a spare wheel going abroad?

This is the first van I never had a spare wheel in ,I recently fitted one but am very shocked at how many pesp,e don't have one but say that it's ok cause I've got a gas kit😳
I've yet to get one sorted, where is your spare fitted Gordon?

My van has alloy wheels, so do I go for steel or alloy?
Will certainly go in the garage for now but may put on a sling underneath, I'm pretty sure there is room.

Will certainly go in the garage for now but may put on a sling underneath, I'm pretty sure there is room.
Mine has alloy wheels but a steel spare. Remember you usually need different studs as well if different wheel 👍

I'd go for steel, I remember seeing an alloy (that was purchased new) that someone had put on after getting a puncture and was in a hell of a state.

I think you will have stacks o room to fit a cradle on yours Tim .I've mounted mines in the garage with jack and tools secured in the wheel rim dish so wheel comes out with jack etc in one
on the drivers side in the garage there's the gas locker on the passengers side of the garage the bouler is housed so in the middle the wheel sits beautifully there and it is secured by a ratchet strap( quick release ) and it's worked out really good
as you know mines are alloys but I've just put a steel wheel as a spare Tim
can send a pic if you want

I think you will have stacks o room to fit a cradle on yours Tim .I've mounted mines in the garage with jack and tools secured in the wheel rim dish so wheel comes out with jack etc in one
on the drivers side in the garage there's the gas locker on the passengers side of the garage the bouler is housed so in the middle the wheel sits beautifully there and it is secured by a ratchet strap( quick release ) and it's worked out really good
as you know mines are alloys but I've just put a steel wheel as a spare Tim
can send a pic if you want
I think you're right Gordon about space underneath and I'm sure I have the correct chassis for the AL-KO carrier.
If it's not too much trouble a pic would be useful. Did you have to get special studs or spacers for the steel wheel to fit correctly?

Our Autotrail comes with one as standard - on the back with a cover over it.

Our first MH - Bessacarr e795 - didn't and after we had experienced a blow out I fitted a cradle underneath and bought a brand new steel wheel and tyre from a scrappy for £60.

I think you're right Gordon about space underneath and I'm sure I have the correct chassis for the AL-KO carrier.
If it's not too much trouble a pic would be useful. Did you have to get special studs or spacers for the steel wheel to fit correctly?
Got steel studs for spare
Will get a pic asap tim

Thanks Gordon, I have a good bit of space in my garage so that could also be an option.

My spare wheel is in a cradle under my mh. I took it to my tyre fitter and asked him to drop the spare wheel to examine it as it had not been dropped since the mh was new 6 years on. Everything went okay but he said I was wise to have the cradle checked as the bolt being exposed has been known to rust solid as well as examining the condition of the tyre.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back