Drive away awning, what to go for?

This is more your marquee style Dave.

View attachment 58605
Looks very sturdy.
I found the amount of effort erecting the gazebo and then taking down a day or so later was just OTT for what I wanted. The way the Screenhouses pop up so easily made the whole weekend more enjoyable even though the internal space was not as good.

Looks very sturdy.
I found the amount of effort erecting the gazebo and then taking down a day or so later was just OTT for what I wanted. The way the Screenhouses pop up so easily made the whole weekend more enjoyable even though the internal space was not as good.
Hence for Betty the idea of a dog house (porch) over the access door is appealing. Somewhere to remove muddy boots out of the rain. Also handy for entertaining less desirables.
A simple caravan rail mounted to the side of Betty, then a simple frame as used on the sides of caravans.

Hence for Betty the idea of a dog house (porch) over the access door is appealing. Somewhere to remove muddy boots out of the rain. Also handy for entertaining less desirables.
A simple caravan rail mounted to the side of Betty, then a simple frame as used on the sides of caravans.
entertaining less desirables? I get you there!

Gazebo up in garden for step-daughters 18th ....
1614614699401.png
Thank god they were not in the house!!

I originally used this Kyham "Sun Canopy" with the option walls and front. This worked well on both the T4 and T5 campers
1614614920422.png

I still used it after getting the Driveaway Motordome sleeper if I was on my own but wanted some more space as much quicker to get up and take down

T5 Camper with Khyam Sun Canopy
by David, on Flickr

Motordome Sleeper between the T5 and T4

Motordome
by David, on Flickr

The Motordome worked well on the T5 and I actually used it on one side and the Sun Canopy on the other (here without the sides fitted)

IMG_20160731_112424
by David, on Flickr
The Motordome Sleeper I had was for a low-roof camper so sold it after I sold the T5 and bought a Fiamma Safari Room instead (as I never actually drove off anywhere when I had the Driveaway awning up anyway)

In the end, had the Fiamma Safari Room attached to the side, the Screenhouse in front of that and the big Gazebo on the other side of the Screenhouse
1614615421050.png

Not tried the Fiamma Safari Room on the new Motorhome yet....

Looks like you have plenty of experience Dave.
well, I found lots of options I moved away from I guess :) (and also used to check out all the other setups at shows - both in use and being put up/taken down - which is a good way to see what seems good).
This was a tight squeeze in the allocated 5M frontage x 10M depth pitch!
1614618888146.png
Inches to spare all around

This little awning attachment over the front I think is a clever idea.
1614619356515.png
The two stands next to me at one show had these and it meant when the rain came down they didn't have to muck around moving stuff away from the open fron and people could also duck in out the rain without "crossing the threshold" (an important pychological barrier you see very often) and while sheltering view the stand.
I bought one of them but never got round to adaptng to my gazebo's leg design.

We have noticed that people are unwilling to cross the threshold, and it is a pain pulling stock away from the front when it rains.
We don't really do much uk selling, so until Europe settles down we won't bother. I have used a side with poles and tie downs to create a porch, but it's a bit long. I don't have anywhere big enough to set it up and play with ideas. Open tables get the most interest, but that also attracts thief's. The sad thing is it's older people that do it :(

The leaky one by Gala tents, it was a pain to set up as you needed to partially erect it. Then pull the cover over before extending the legs.

IMG_0066.JPG

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back