Drop n Lithium

Re vidio A lithiam battery on a motorhome has the engine battery connected to the alternator first then the lithium , on the vidio their is no engine battery lithiam is connected directly alternator , that would not happen in a motorhome , so how valid is the vidio .?
IF I remember correctly, Barry, I think Neal of KS Energy has updated his 'counter attack' video to issue a qualification. He now leaves it up to the customer to decide whether they would fit a a B2B Charger so that Motorhomes with an ageing alternator don't have the combustion risk of trying to keep pace with a Lithium Battery taking every available bit of current from the alternator constantly. I'm not at all technical, so perhaps David of Wildebus and/other Members who do understand the process/risks can correct any mistakes in this post

Steve

Re vidio A lithiam battery on a motorhome has the engine battery connected to the alternator first then the lithium , on the vidio their is no engine battery lithiam is connected directly alternator , that would not happen in a motorhome , so how valid is the vidio .?
There is also no BMS on the lithium battery they are using Baz. Don’t know how valid the video is in reality, I had a B2B since I had Lifepo4 that feeds from starter battery when engine running anyway so no idea what would happen if I started engine with my battery’s really low with split charge relay. I do know a couple of people with some big lead banks though >700ah hab bank with split charge systems and they haven’t had problems yet

I am thinking about a 120 ah drop in lithium from KS energy. I know there have been several threads about lithium but I was wondering if what is claimed is true that these batteries can simply be dropped in to replace lead acid with no other modifications like uprated fuses, B to B etc. I have an Autosleeper Warwick XL which has the Sergeant EC400 system. I would love to hear from anyone who has just simply dropped on in and without modifying anything. It seems the factory fitted battery charger's profile will be fine for the lithium so I am hopeful. It's not that I do not believe what KS Energy claim but Hearing form someone who has actually dome the deed, at out were would boost my confidence.
I have two KS 155Ahr giving 310 Ahr fitted to my Knaus Sun Ti 700MEG just did a dropin replacement and they have been fine for the last year

I am thinking about a 120 ah drop in lithium from KS energy. I know there have been several threads about lithium but I was wondering if what is claimed is true that these batteries can simply be dropped in to replace lead acid with no other modifications like uprated fuses, B to B etc. I have an Autosleeper Warwick XL which has the Sergeant EC400 system. I would love to hear from anyone who has just simply dropped on in and without modifying anything. It seems the factory fitted battery charger's profile will be fine for the lithium so I am hopeful. It's not that I do not believe what KS Energy claim but Hearing form someone who has actually dome the deed, at out were would boost my confidence.
Hi, I purchased x2 120Ah from KS Energy to replace old leisure batteries on 2010 Kontiki 649. Straight swap and never had a problem. Took same batteries when we changed the motorhome and 'dropped' them in (2005 Concorde). Again no problems. Don't benefit from fast charging as no B2B but no other issues encountered.

Hi guys I was just reading this thread and wondering the same as I have 3 batteries in my 2006 kontiki 645 motorhome one engine and 2 x 110 ah leisure batteries with 150 solar panel. But being in the north of Scotland not much sunlight and unless I am on a site for electric hookup I rely on the alternator for charging the batteries. I can be off grid for weeks at a time with a diesel heater all my lights are led and TV is 12v after a few nights it's down to about 7v and have to run engine to get charge back up the 2 hab batteries are Halfords about 18mths old any advice guys as this sleep issue would be a nightmare the low voltage LEDs that's if I understand how all the comments I'm not technically minded

Hi guys I was just reading this thread and wondering the same as I have 3 batteries in my 2006 kontiki 645 motorhome one engine and 2 x 110 ah leisure batteries with 150 solar panel. But being in the north of Scotland not much sunlight and unless I am on a site for electric hookup I rely on the alternator for charging the batteries. I can be off grid for weeks at a time with a diesel heater all my lights are led and TV is 12v after a few nights it's down to about 7v and have to run engine to get charge back up the 2 hab batteries are Halfords about 18mths old any advice guys as this sleep issue would be a nightmare the low voltage LEDs that's if I understand how all the comments I'm not technically minded
At 7V lead acid batteries may have been permanently damaged, probably reducing the amount of power they can hold. They may charge up to their higher voltages but their Ah capacity could be much reduced and they will quickly drop. The sleep issue is not typical of LiFePO4 batteries and most don’t do it, my Relion battery never goes to sleep. It seems one or two manufacturers may have foolishly built this sleep facility into their Battery Management Systems (BMS). I read elsewhere that Alpha Batteries do not stock any with this unhelpful sleep function so they may well be able to advise which ones to avoid.

I think I've had my original 2 for over 4 years now and I picked up the second 2 last year on ebay and was told they are the same age as mine + I have 590watts of solar that I can remotely tilt them up to 90 degrees and it make a huge difference this time of the year.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back