Posted by Admin
Druridge Bay Country Park
Thursday, August 8, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
MANY THANKS TO ROGER AND PHIL FOR ALL THEIR EFFORTS IN PUTTING THIS EVENT ON NOT EASY UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES ,ENJOYED IT AND HAVE JUST GOT HOME
Sorry I missed you yesterday Gordon, I went to get you some money and you had left when I returned, thanks for the gifts ???
Just spent a couple of hours in the company of Maggie (Tezza33).
I don’t know why the song by Paul Simon kept coming to mind ‘Still crazy, after all these years’ ? ?

Now you know why I suffer from depression Rog ?
She left me drying up and cleaning the carpets, "I will only be 20 minutes" she said as she left?

What a shame the weather was so bad but you all battled through like the intrepid campers you are.
I hope my reports from Oxford weren't to upsetting for you but we were very lucky.
I hope to meet up with some of you in Hereford and we can swap stories from the weekend.

I left for the north, the rain was horrendous after Edinburgh, on the motorway in Fife the drivers wiper arm let go and flaked around no vision at all, I needed a socket but had only a set of ringers. Today it was into Halfrauds in Dundee, a set of metric long sockets ,only for the van.
I never thought something so simple could muck me about so much, ring spanner’s do not fit wiper nuts as they are recessed too deep.
On deeside now going to visit Liz at the summer cottage, we’ll not visit as they lock down when she is at home, so on my way to Aviemore and further up. The mileage really adds up from Dover up there.

Sorry I missed you yesterday Gordon, I went to get you some money and you had left when I returned, thanks for the gifts ???

Now you know why I suffer from depression Rog ?
She left me drying up and cleaning the carpets, "I will only be 20 minutes" she said as she left?
That must have been 20 female minutes Tez....... Sorry we kept her chatting?

Thanks to Rog and Phil for organising the weekend. Weather wasn't kind but as they say: there is no such thing as bad weather, you just have the wrong clothes!!
Until next time.

We were there with you in spirit ..
I must admit that selling the van might not have been such a bad idea, after all.
Arrived in sunny, dry Altrincham 2 hours ago..
No sign of any rain ...
Yet.

Weather could have been kinder and cabin fever wasn't too far away but then we thought about Neil [any others?] in tents, so really we didn't have anything to moan about.
Well maybe just a little!

Still chuckling at Meduck losing his keys then finding them in the coal bucket. Who takes a bloomin' coal bucket, in a MH, to a meet?
Then Barry translated, Meduck actually said coat pocket!

Hope everyone manages to get off ok.

Thanks Rog and Phil.

Oh, special thanks to the bhaji man for the best onion bhajis we have ever tasted.

Weather could have been kinder and cabin fever wasn't too far away but then we thought about Neil [any others?] in tents, so really we didn't have anything to moan about.
Well maybe just a little!

Still chuckling at Meduck losing his keys then finding them in the coal bucket. Who takes a bloomin' coal bucket, in a MH, to a meet?
Then Barry translated, Meduck actually said coat pocket!

Hope everyone manages to get off ok.

Thanks Rog and Phil.

Oh, special thanks to the bhaji man for the best onion bhajis we have ever tasted.
Cheers Ral, thanks must go to LANDS43 for the onion bhajis
Me duck had me walking the beach for his blessed keys. I was so happy when he found them in his coat pocket.
I’m just passing on the details to my solicitor as we speak!

MANY THANKS T ROGER AND PHIL for the meet.........although raining and pretty miserable looking....we still enjyed the meet (srry having prblems with the letter o) thanks t the awning.....i think if we had nt have had it.....and because van is s small..we prbably wuld have cme hme earlier.
left mnday lunch time...... wanted t get awning dwn whilst there was n rain.
MANY THANKS T JIMBO (jimmy) for his very tasty scotch pies......they were delicious hope everyone else enjoyed them too. also to ann for her very tasty cake.
thanks to sue and david who helped to put the awning up....and to debs and jimmy who helped take it down.
nice to meet up with everyone again and alsomeet up with new faces...
sorry to have missed the farewell party......we needed to get the awning down in the window of opportunity with no rain. all take care....

Last edited:
My trip was vetoed by management. Although to be honest, I didn’t put up much of a fight.
Hope everyone got home safe.

We arrived home at 20.30, we were going to stay tonight because the day started off with a lovely blue sky, it didn't last long so we thought it was better to head home, thanks to Rog and Phil for Rog's hard work :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, we enjoyed ourselves inspite of the weather and it was nice to meet up with friends again ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back