Ducato seats, again.

Trotter

Having searched YouTube and even resorted to spanner’s, Allan keys, blood, sweat and tears. Great band by the way. I’ve given up trying to swap over the seat base’s in Demi, my Ducato.

Can anyone recommend a set of replacement seat covers. Cloth, basically light grey. I’m not one for sheep skin, leather, either real or fake.

It seems a shame to have to replace/recover the seats when it’s only the drivers seat that’s worn. Being nobbynomates, only one seat gets used.

When I managed to get down to the van to look last time you posted, it looked fairly straightforward once the seat was removed.

I’d seen these earlier, and put them on my EBay Watch list.
After talking to some weird bloke, with a Weirside accent. ( I’ll talk to anyone, usually out of pity)
Who said the old ones wouldn’t come off without a lot of faff, I decided to bite the bullet and spend the money I’d saved by sending the fridge back. Two seat covers are now on their way.
Sorry Jeff, Jeff

Bit pricey for me. Thanks anyway. I'd already ordered the Ebay ones.
the ones on ebay are not that much cheaper plus the ones from amazon are are better quality .cheyenne

the ones on ebay are not that much cheaper plus the ones from amazon are are better quality .cheyenne
That’s 50 quid more. I’m only going to sit on them, after all.
Having saved all that money on the fridge, I’ve got new seat covers. The money I saved buying the cheaper covers has bought Jeff’s Kelly cooker. Think that’s called, economics.
I am available for financial advice 😎

As you say you only sit on them and you can't see them then, so save money and keep what you have.

Sound financial advice.

everybody tour's different & spends different we are in our mid seventies so there's no point in saving it for a rainy day & they are not just for sitting on they are for looking at being away 6 months of the year they have look the part & there is no packets in shrouds .cheyenne

And look shite permanently too.

How do people's cab seats get dirty anyway, do you roll around on the floor before getting in the van?

And even if they do there are plenty of products to clean them, plus car valet places, I can understand wear on a very high mileage van of course.

Although we lost mugwump four years ago, old habits die hard as we still continue to put throws over every seat.

And yes, I often clamber up into the cab's seat having first done something grubby.

Not heard Mugwump since I was a kid.

It was one of my mothers names for my dad, I looked it up but it didn't fit as the other name was A hole.

And look shite permanently too.
When I got my VW T5, the seats were mucky and worn (167k miles and used as a Language School Minibus). Own of the first things I did was buy some very nice nearly-new VW Caravelle Seats for the front.

Sitting Comfortably? by David, on Flickr
One of the next things I did was buy some heavy duty waterproof seat covers to protect them :rolleyes:

Really, it makes no sense spending many hundreds of pounds on lovely seats and then covering them up until you sell the vehicle for the next owner to enjoy (or more likely for them to cover up for the NEXT owner after him to enjoy (and repeat)) :rolleyes:
But we all seem to do it regardless?

How do people's cab seats get dirty anyway, do you roll around on the floor before getting in the van?
I decided not to ask on this T5 I bought...

Rear Triple by David, on Flickr

Front Dual Passenger by David, on Flickr

And even if they do there are plenty of products to clean them, plus car valet places, I can understand wear on a very high mileage van of course.
All cleanable though ..... That Front Passenger seat came out ok ...

Front Dual Passenger - After by David, on Flickr

I am not sure how people are getting worn-out seats on Motorhomes? They tend to be such low mileage vehicles the seating should be one of the last things to wear out, unless the motorhome manufacturers are using very lightweight material (assuming they will get little wear so they can get away with skimping?)
I thought I would take a photo (today) of my drivers seat and the level of wear it has got ...

Autotrail Drivers Seat by David, on Flickr
The other side as well

Autotrail Drivers Seat by David, on Flickr

I really cannot see any wear on this seat and it looks no different to either the passenger seat or the Rear Benches seat and back faces, and this is a Motorhome that is over 15 years old and done over 110,000 miles. Are Autotrail just using much better material maybe?

Wear is usually on the door side of the seat base where some people slide out, maybe shorter folks, dunno but it happens on high mileage vans.

Wear is usually on the door side of the seat base where some people slide out, maybe shorter folks, dunno but it happens on high mileage vans.
Well, that is one reason why I changed the seats on my T5 - the drivers one was shagged. Very common with Transporters generally (poor quality cloth).

Going to have to look at swapping the seat bases again. Buying seat covers wasn’t the greatest idea I’ve had. I’m trying to think of a polite way of describing the experience. Let’s say, it proved uncomfortable. I’ll let others put in the adjectives.

Going to have to look at swapping the seat bases again. Buying seat covers wasn’t the greatest idea I’ve had. I’m trying to think of a polite way of describing the experience. Let’s say, it proved uncomfortable. I’ll let others put in the adjectives.
Surely it’s only four bolts to get the seat off isn’t it? Or is it separating the seat backrest from the seat base you are struggling with?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back