Elddis Autoquest 196 constant problems with electric bunk blowing fuses

Skyfive

Has anyone with an Elddis Autoquest 196 had any problems with the bunk blowing fuses?

If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

My 196 blows fuses on drop down bed seems to be the slightest overload if you have covers and pillows on bed and it doesn’t cut out in time it blows fuse so shift cut out stop down

My 196 blows fuses on drop down bed seems to be the slightest overload if you have covers and pillows on bed and it doesn’t cut out in time it blows fuse so shift cut out stop down
We have a Roller Team MH with a drop down bed, what make is fitted to the Elddis?

Elddis fit STLA rise and fall bed with seat belt hanging system

Sorry I probably can't help with that. Our Roller Team has a Project2000 (I think that's how it's spelt) which is also on seatbelts.

Ours wasn't set correctly when it left the factory and the supplying dealer didn't do PDI's, apparently he hoped to save money like that and fix it under warranty for which he got paid, I'm lead to believe.

The Project2000 bed has a rotary encoder, no limit switches (and little info on the web), there are 2 allen socket by the 2 orange blobs which adjust the limit up and down.

rotary_encoder.jpg

Hi, are you still having problems. We had a 196 on a 17 plate that kept blowing fuses on the drop down bed. We were told by the dealershup to increase the fuse from 20 amp to 25amp. This solved the problem. Finding the fuse is another problem. It is hidden in a space above the drivers seat on the ledge.

Hi, are you still having problems. We had a 196 on a 17 plate that kept blowing fuses on the drop down bed. We were told by the dealershup to increase the fuse from 20 amp to 25amp. This solved the problem. Finding the fuse is another problem. It is hidden in a space above the drivers seat on the ledge.
nice one ladies hope you are both good ,did you get you gas problem solved

It seems to ok just now it has blown 25amp that’s an in-line fuse that is on a cable from the leisure battery and it has blown the 10 amp auxiliary fuse that powers the switch for up and down .The fuse above the drivers head is the only one it hasn’t blown they have change that fuse to a reset fuse that has a button on top to reset it haven’t seen one before my 196 is a 2020 model I have notified dealer but I’m 128 miles away from them so I will just see if it persists cheers for all the replies

It seems to ok just now it has blown 25amp that’s an in-line fuse that is on a cable from the leisure battery and it has blown the 10 amp auxiliary fuse that powers the switch for up and down .The fuse above the drivers head is the only one it hasn’t blown they have change that fuse to a reset fuse that has a button on top to reset it haven’t seen one before my 196 is a 2020 model I have notified dealer but I’m 128 miles away from them so I will just see if it persists cheers for all the replies
can you please advise where to find the fuses as mine has not works since I left the dealers, which is 200 miles away. I have called dealer who does not know? The reset fuse above driver seat is fine but do not know where to find the other one. If you press the buttons it clicks but no movement.
thanks

The fuse is under rear facing seats where fuse board is it is on a cable coming in from leisure battery on the right hand side hope this helps it sounds like it is the fuse as mine clicked as well before I replaced fuse
The fuse is under rear facing seats where fuse board is it is on a cable coming in from leisure battery on the right hand side hope this helps it sounds like it is the fuse as mine clicked as well before I replaced fuse
Many thanks I will look in the morning

The 196 comes with a resetting fuse, it is behind the drivers head to the right of the shelf behind a small removable panel (2 small screws to remove it.
Just press to reset.
However after this happening several times I complained to dealer who in turn contacted Elddis who supplied an upgraded motor for the bed and had no problems since.

That’s good that the beds working now .Just some more information the 10amp fuse in fuse board marked as aux works the switch for bed also works water & leisure battery indicator & USB ports so if they stop working that’s the fuse to look at

That’s good that the beds working now .Just some more information the 10amp fuse in fuse board marked as aux works the switch for bed also works water & leisure battery indicator & USB ports so if they stop working that’s the fuse to look at
thanks for the information, I read that fuse label and was not sure what it was for, thanks again for your help

This was so helpful. Thank you. We would never have found the fuse. Pressed the reset swutch bed working again. The fuse is 15v though. Does that seem right or does it need changing. Also can you lower the bed when on 12v?

Has anyone with an Elddis Autoquest 196 had any problems with the bunk blowing fuses?

If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
Had to get the motor replaced under warranty, and fuse holder and fuse replace, bigger fuse was used but i cant remember to what and we now have a 195..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back